OMG>>.Now I know how to save tax dollars and get more funding for needed things!

DammitJanet

Has anyone ever checked out this thing called THOMAS ..I think its something to do with the Library of Congress of bills that are entered and waiting to be passed.

OMG! They are idiotic.

Here are three:
11. H.CON.RES.99 : Supporting the goals and ideals of a National Early Educator Worthy Wage Day.
Sponsor: Rep McCarthy, Carolyn [NY-4] (introduced 4/2/2009) Cosponsors (5)
Committees: House Education and Labor; Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Latest Major Action: 4/28/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and referred to the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.
12. H.CON.RES.116 : Expressing the sense of Congress for the immediate withdrawal of the Department of Labor's notice of proposed rulemaking seeking to rescind the Form LM-2.
Sponsor: Rep Conaway, K. Michael [TX-11] (introduced 4/30/2009) Cosponsors (38)
Committees: House Education and Labor
Latest Major Action: 6/4/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Workforce Protections.
13. H.CON.RES.123 : Recognizing the historical and national significance of the many contributions of John William Heisman to the sport of football.
Sponsor: Rep Thompson, Glenn [PA-5] (introduced 5/12/2009) Cosponsors (13)
Committees: House Education and Labor; Senate Judiciary
Latest Major Action: 7/22/2009 Referred to Senate committee. Status: Received in the Senate and referred to the Committee on the Judiciary.

Now I am sure that everyone supports early education, but what in the heck is early education worthy wage day? And how do we support it? Are we gonna have a parade? A new ribbon? What color?

And anyone who knows football already knows who Heisman is and doesnt need Congress to tell us! We know what the trophy is and probably recognize the stance better than they do...lol.

There are so many hundreds more of these...lets just call them...pork barrel bills that I cant even find the bill I am looking for. The one about Medicare and LPC's.

klmno

Janet- you can drive yourself crazy with this stuff. As you know already, I periodically research our state laws and what the people in our legal system are doing. That usually leads me to run across stuff that makes no sense at all- and I get so frustrated I can't see straight. For instance, our state has no money for mental health treatment or to hire competent people or hold people like GAL's accountable, but they pay people to do studies on what is needed, then when these people report back reasonable things that are needed, they make other committees to study the impact and effectiveness if they were to incorporate those recommendations- and that committee gets a year to study that. It is an ongoing circle that never gets anywhere so the people who actually have common sense end up frstrated and leaving after giving up. It is the people that are looking for way to constantly spin without ever getting anywhere that stay in it apparently. It's pretty enlightening and educational though when you start looking into it. Just very disappointing.

DammitJanet

LOL...I was only trying to find out what the House Bill number was so I could figure out exactly which Congress person/s I should attempt to send a merry Xmas and happy new year card to this year...lol. Well...it wasnt so easy. Before this whole health care reform junk the house bill number pulled up the bill. Well evidently it may have been swallowed by the new health care reform which might not be a good thing. It may have sent us backwards because it appeared that this problem was on the very cusp of getting approved. Now...I cant even find the bill anymore.

But...I can find out that they approved unanimously to make some week in Sept National Social Worker week. Aint that special?

klmno

But...I can find out that they approved unanimously to make some week in Sept National Social Worker week. Aint that special?

:rofl:

No comment at this point- I'll get back to you when I finish laughing and catch my breath.

Are your all's politicians related to ours?

I was looking up something about the judiciary and found that difficult child's GAL (around 30yo) got her attny's license 1 year before becoming difficult child's GAL and she just had her first baby a couple of months ago- a boy. I know it's mean to wish for someone to have a difficult child, but......well, you know how everyone has all the answers about being a perfect parent BEFORE they even have a child at all????

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Having worked for the government in a previous, pre-difficult child life....I can offer some explanation for some of these "nonsense bills'...

Many of them are designed simply to get the rep re-elected. By offering a bill celebrating pre-school teachers, they can go back at election time and say "See? My record PROVES that I support higher wages for pre-school teachers." or whatever constituency they are trying to win over.

Yes, it's ridiculous...but the reality is that these people put a lot more time into keeping the job than anything else. Sad, but true...

--DaisyFace

DammitJanet

I know....Its just somewhat oh...I dont know...pathetic that we are paying these people huge salaries to sit up there and pass bills to congratulate UNC for winning the 2009 basketball tournament. Isnt winning enough? Do they really need a bill?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I know....Its just somewhat oh...I dont know...pathetic that we are paying these people huge salaries to sit up there and pass bills to congratulate UNC for winning the 2009 basketball tournament. Isnt winning enough? Do they really need a bill?

Yes. How else will they be able to prove to you, the voter, how much they support college sports?

Did I mention I was willing to run for office? I'd be happy to receive the big bucks and full benefits. Rest assured, I support college sports, too (and pre-school teachers and social workers and special olympics and etc etc etc etc....)

klmno

I'm sure that's why they do it DF. I have no doubt that the reason we have ended up with revolving committees for years is to give them an excuse for not actually implementing any of the recommendations because that would mean the general population here would have one big fit over having their tax dollars spent on things like more mental health treatment for juveniles, as an example. They don't want to pay for that here- they are much happier blaming the parents for it all. Little do they realize how much money is wasted avoiding it...while the problem continuously gets worse.

DammitJanet

Oh DF...what is really funny...we dont even know that the bill was passed! Even here in the state where the team is from...I didnt know that such a bill existed! Wouldnt you think that it would be a big deal? And I think that MY Representative authored the Bill! I may be mistaken...he may have co-authored. I think I will have to have a chat with him about such thing the next time I see him face to face since I actually know the man...lol.