Omg!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I saw a fly today. Literally...a fly. I haven't seen one in probably 10 years.

Ok, ok...this is how exciting my life is. Just thought I'd share.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
*snort* Honey.......come to my house. You can see flies, ants, wasps, bees, mice and the occasional rat. All to your heart's content!

KTMom91

You can visit me, too. We have all sorts of interesting things here...flies, Junebugs, slugs that get into the bathroom, and a skunk that used to sleep under my house. And I'm in the center of town!

mstang67chic

Going Green
*SHUDDER* Junebugs!!!! I HATE junebugs. We have those too...locusts, spiders, all sorts of creepy stuff. I'm in town too. But junebugs..............ick...those are the worst. They STICK when they land on you.

F

flutterbee

SSSSHHHHHHH... Just thinking about Junebugs....*shudder*. And they are all over the place at my house.

I didn't realize you didn't get flies in Vegas. But, you have other fun things like scorpions and such, huh?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Living in Northern Wisconsin like I do, Junebugs are more like July bugs. They don't bother me too much.

It's more the variety of biting insects we have up here, from horseflies to deerflies (those latter are vicious), to three different types of mosquito, to blackflies, which are small enough to get through window screens and think I'm a tasty treat.

I rented a house before I purchased this battered single-wide, that was absolutely infested with box elder bugs. They are totally harmless as they live on the juices sucked from box elder trees/bushes (a member of the maple family), but man do they reproduce.

Not only that, they smell vile if squished and their poop leaves stains.

Come winter they'd hide under the siding on houses and then make a concerted invasion when it got too cold for them outside; which was most of the winter.

Star*

call 911........call 911
:sheepish:I have apparently had some "active" flies in my house and come home every day to let the hoards out.

DF said it looks like Ammityville Horror in the kitchen around 4:00 every day. I can't see where they came from - and I dont think I want to KNOW - but I open the door or window and shoo about 50 a day out to freedom -

BECAUSE......that's why. YOU want to pick up 50 dead flies a day?

Abbey - bravo on your latest find.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Like I said, I have the MOST exciting life you could imagine. Nothing could top it than seeing a fly. I get faint just thinking about it.:woohoo:

Abbey

Andy

Going North, We are suppose to be encouraging Abbey that the midwest is a good place to live (remember, she is heading for OshKosh - is that how you spell it?) :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1:

We have already frightened her with winter weather cold warnings - she doesn't need to think about bugs now does she? :sheepish: :sheepish:

However, maybe Abbey will now look forward to her coming adventure and purchase a book on insects so that she can identify all our various wonderful critters - she will wonder why she thought a fly was so amazing. ! :laugh:

Abbey, you are headed into a non-boring lifestyle. Oh, and the bugs are not so bad in the cold weather. Here you get either cold weather or bugs but hardly ever together.

Abbey

Spork Queen
No flies in the area I lived in Ca, and certainly none in Vegas. (I guess that little guy got lost.) The only bug I've seen are those tiny crawly things...don't know what they're called. I find them every now and then in my bathroom. Oh, we do have bees...lots of them.

I grew up in the mid-west, so I'm WELL aware of the bug situation. Nothing worse than a horsefly bite.

I think the worst I've seen is when I lived in Florida. They have every creature known to Earth there. When I first moved there, they suggested getting pest control. Pest control? I'm not paying for that! Well, after I found my first centipede then the scorpian incident...I paid for the service. Ewww...

And, for all you Floridians, Palmetto bugs ARE ROACHES. STOP TRYING TO COVER IT UP!

Abbey

Lothlorien

I had moved in with a boyfriend in Florida years ago (in my stupid days). The first night we were there, he got drunk started a fight with me and went out the back door in a storm. Came back in about 10 seconds later with a scorpion attached to the bottom of his foot. (served him right...the big jerk!). That was bug experience #1 in Florida. My #2 was a few weeks later, looking out our friends door and seeing what looked like a colony of turtles bouncing across their yard. I said "What the h-ll are those things????" She told me they were Palmetto bugs. Well that was probably the last time I ventured out at night around there.

Experience #3???? Went to visit some friends in Ft. Lauderdale area. Heard something about escaped poisonous bull frogs on the radio. Didn't think much of it...went out to get something out of my car....Big freaking bullfrog on sidewalk the size of a dog!

#4.....rattlesnake outside my aunts house, need I say more?

Think I'm paranoid about freaky little critters in Florida? IcK!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH WHY ME MOM - Heeeeeeeeelllllllllllp me. Heeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllp me.

YOU ARE A RIOT.

Star*

call 911........call 911
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_cockroach

Since we're ridding our closets of roach stories?

The first time I met my now xmil - she was barefooted. I was filling out my wedding invitations and the LARGEST freaking roach I have ever seen and the actual FIRST cockroach I ever saw in my life ran across her den floor and she smashed it - WITH HER BARE FOOT. Then kicked it out the back door.

The second time I had a roach-perience I was laying in bed at night in FL and i heard a buzzing sound - and got up and found 1 had flown IN MY BED.

And I'll NEVER have to worry about Dude picking up a bug - when he was 15 months old - a palmetto bug - crossed the floor and he chased it, picked it up before I could get to him, and it BIT his finger.

SO THEY ARE ROACHES.........but there are SO many of them and they are associated with dirty places - that we called them PALMETTO bugs - because while nasty - they ARE everywhere.....even if you do get sprayed. They come in for the cool and water.

I can handle any bug, snake or spider BUT a palmetto bug or a **** roach. I can be QUITE THE GIRL if I see one.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This goes to show you can learn something new everyday. Abbey, I had no clue you didn't have flies there.

I usually have too many to keep up with.

And I don't even want to discuss June bugs. ICK EEK YUK!!!