Out of answers

sooooo tired

soooootired
My daughter was out of my life for 5 years.
Because of her past behavior problems.
We just reunited 8 months ago. Her attitude with me has changed. She has asked me to forgive
Her for the problems
In the past. She has a 10 year old son who
Is so precious to me.
She does take good care of him. But things haven't changed with her. She doesn't have a job Her house is a disaster. She has had a few jobs but never stays very long. She just can't get along with other people. She stays in her home all
The time. She was working cleaning Apts. With her step mom until
Her step mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
Now she has no income. I have paid all of her bills for a couple months. I just dont know what to do anymore I can't keep
Doing this. She has to find some financial help somewhere. I am retired and would like to spend my money on
Myself. But I can't let my precious grandson
Be without a home.
But there is no way they can live with me!
I am 70 years old and would like to enjoy my
Life. I would appreciate any input
I'm just sad.

Blighty

Hi there sooooo tired. So sorry that this is weighing heavily on you at the moment. I heard you say what you wanted; and that is to be able to enjoy life and have your own peace. You surely deserve that now.

It sounds like she can take care of her son, but circumstances have changed. I don't know much about the social systems in place where you live, but I would imagine there will be support she can use and it shouldn't be down to you to fill the gap ?

I wonder how it would feel for you to have a conversation with her about how you feel and what you want to happen with her.

ksm

Can you have her apply for benefits? She might qualify for SSI. Low income housing. There are places like the Salvation Army that might be able to assist in finding help thru other agencies.

It is a tough position to be in.

NewKSM

Copabanana

We just reunited 8 months ago. Her attitude with me has changed. She has asked me to forgive
Her for the problems
THAT IS GREAT!
But things haven't changed with her.
We can't ask that another adult change. We can only change ourselves.
Now she has no income. I have paid all of her bills for a couple months.
There are non-profit agencies that help people handle these kinds of financial crises as well as government aid. She has proven that with support she can take care of herself and her son. That saying about teaching somebody to fish, instead of giving them the fish comes to mind. I don't know where you live but if it was me I would start suggesting AFDC (aid for mothers with dependent children.) They should help her train for a new occupation. Jewish Vocational Services will help anybody.