Out of the mouth of Diva

slsh

member since 1999
I am in *so* much trouble - and the hormones haven't even hit yet.

Diva engaged in a full blown meltdown today. We're talking red face, spit flying, veins bulging. She brought home 5 papers with Fs on them. *FIVE*. And it wasn't because she didn't understand the concepts, it because she didn't do them!!! OMG, I was this close to blowing a gasket (which I rarely do anymore, thanks to intensive CD Board education, LOL).

First it was "I don't know" (a major trigger in my book - don't tell me you don't know - you were *there*!!!) in response to what on this good earth is going on. Then it was "you don't know how hard it is - I can't do the work with the people I sit with because they're always talking and singing and I just caaaaaan't do it". I pointed out that I was *quite* sure that if was as bad as Diva states, Mrs. Teacher would've intervened. I mean, give me a break. Answering 1 multiple choice question out of 9???? So then it was "well it doesn't help that you always yell at me in the mornings and blah blah blah blah DRAMA". Sigh. She is afflicted with thank you's sense of seriously flawed perception. A stern tone of voice is "yelling" in her book. Heck, anything less than hearts and flowers and butterflies is "yelling".

So I tell her she's grounded, not because of the Fs, but because I absolutely positively will not tolerate being yelled at by a 10-year-old. Ever. And she'd better get a grip because her grades are *hers* and she'd better get over blaming everyone and their mother for what she does.

So she stomps upstairs, ranting and raving, "you hate me", "it's not fair", etc. I'm so not engaging in this garbage.

So, I'm standing in our living room wondering if I will survive her adolescence (which is due to hit at the same time as my menopause, heaven help us all)... and I mutter to myself "just shoot me". To which my beloved daughter responds "Amen".

:highvoltage: :stopglass:

Yeah, un-hunh - this is going to be *fun*.

klmno

All I can say is Bless you- I think we are walking in the same shoes!!

Hang in there- and pamper yourself at any chance you get.

meowbunny

Yup, the 24/7, 365 days a year, non-stop PMS is sooooo much fun! Believe it or not, it does get a tad better when the menstrual cycle really does start -- at least then PMS is only (???) 7 days out of the week.

I did learn to not bother asking why -- like you, "I don't know" drove me up the wall. Instead, I would give my theories of why something occurred. Sometimes, I'd deliberately come up with something so outrageous that it was downright embarassing. If I was dead wrong, she'd be very quick to tell me exactly why she did or did not do something.

Just remember, it does get better. Honest, it does!

F

flutterbee

WHOA!!!!!!!! For a moment there I thought I was reading a post I typed about MY daughter. I was pretty sure I hadn't posted, but some days I just can't be too sure. :rofl:

Word for word. I wonder if our girls have been meeting secretly and conspiring.

I soooo feel your pain. After those encounters with my daughter my body just goes limp. It's exhausting, isn't it?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Amen?

Now, there are certain things that REALLY jerk my chain and being backtalked is one of them. I can certainly tell you that I would have gone postal at that point.

I am slowly learning how to disconnect from those situations, but when you're in battle with someone else, they don't want you to go. They want war. I know I need time out. Let me have my time out. It's not always so easy.

Hope everything works out ok.

Abbey

meowbunny

by the way -- My daughter once said an "amen" to something I had said. I looked at her and started belting out a song from one of my favorite movies, "Lilies of the Field." Nothing like Mom stomping around, clapping hands, bending over and singing,

"See the little baby, Amen
Lyin' in a manger, Amen
On Christmas morning,
Amen, Amen, Amen"

By the time I got to the third verse, she was running to her room -- never was sure if she was crying or laughing.

Abbey

Spork Queen
by the way -- My daughter once said an "amen" to something I had said. I looked at her and started belting out a song from one of my favorite movies, "Lilies of the Field." Nothing like Mom stomping around, clapping hands, bending over and singing,

"See the little baby, Amen
Lyin' in a manger, Amen
On Christmas morning,
Amen, Amen, Amen"

By the time I got to the third verse, she was running to her room -- never was sure if she was crying or laughing.

I am cracking up at that. Good move!!

Abbey

KTMom91

Sue, you didn't drop by my house, did you? Miss KT is almost 17, and we still see this sort of thing...not as often as we used to, but it's here. I got so disgusted with her recently, I told her she must have reverse PMS, because she was only pleasant to be around one week out of the month. She didn't think I was funny.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sue,

"I spit on your gripe!" :bigsmile::talkhand: Diva's got nothing on kt.

Sorry sweetie, I know your pain. I feel your pain. Please don't even think of sending your pain, in the form of Diva, my way! :stopglass::rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Stands up and is clappin hands and stomping feet, then raises arms and shakes hands high while marching and stomping in place. SINGING......

Refrain (sing throughout): Amen, amen, amen, amen, amen.1. O see the little baby lying in a manger on Christmas morning. 2. See Jesus in the temple talking to the elders how they all marveled! 3. See Jesus at the sea shore preaching to the people, healing all the sick ones! 4. See Jesus on the cross bearing all my sins in bitter agony! 5. Yes, Jesus died to save us, rose on Easter morning, and lives forever! 6. We're singing Alleluia! Jesus is my Savior, who lives forever! breaks into that DEEP southern GROWL and now is dancing in the aisles with a tambourine and got that head action up and down back and forth while marching..... And looks at difficult child - and says RUN FOREST RUN....... Yeah that should do it - ROFLMBO at Meowbunny. I can see you go girl! AMMMMMMMEN! HAVE MERCY! HALELUIJAH!!! I'm so there with you!