Permission to Vent here

M

ML

This place is the most supportive and non judgemental of any support group ANYWHERE.

I find myself needing to talk about my own issues with depression. I really just need a place to talk about all the choices and turns my life has taken and hear that "it's ok, we accept you unconditionally".

Having said that, I am working on learning to value my own opinion about my journey and about myself over anyone else's.

It's just that I've come to this point in my life and feel that I am broken on an fundamental mental/emotional level. I am marginally stable, if that makes sense. I take medications for depression, was taking estrogen for the change but I stopped that and happy to say I'm halfway there and finally the ups and downs have subsided. I miss that estrogen though lol.

I am sure here is some cosmic sense and order to things. I have been faced with difficult situations and made some questionable choices that I strive to find peace with. It's like God is giving me one difficult thing after the other that truly challenges me on all levels.

So before I pour it all out, I ask your permission and tolerance.

I would like to post this on a private forum though. For those of you who are willing to help me by providing an ear, let me know and I will post privately. OR, is there a way I could post this here and then request that it be deleted from the permanent record? This is some pretty personal stuff. I
ML

DammitJanet

Michele...Im sure you have read my posts...lol. I tend to put it all out there. If you would ever like to talk to me, Im here. I doubt there is ANYTHING you could say or could have possibly done that could shock me. I dont know how many of my posts are still hanging around but I have had a really tough life. I have done tons of things that Im not proud of.

I do have an open ear, big shoulders and am really non-judgmental. Feel free to PM me. Or I have AIM or Yahoo messengers.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Jennifer, threads can always be deleted but I want to advise you that if you are pouring very personal stuff that you are concerned about, you may be better served using private messages where there is some control who has access and who doesn't.
You know the parameters of this website. Anything on this website that is offensive, insensitive or questionable will have mod's editing it or deleting it.
Use common sense in what you post publicly.

M

ML

Fran,
I would never post offensive stuff, at least not intentionally. But point taken, private message may be my better choice. Oh, and I'm Michele, not Jennifer lol. xo ML

M

ML

Janet,
I have always appreciated your openness. Expect message from me soon :) ML

skeeter

Michele - I've always got an "ear" open for someone who needs it. I may have absolutely no ideas or suggestions to give you, but if it's just a sympathetic listener you need, then feel free to pm or email me.
I tend to not have "free" time until early evening, and this coming week is going to be a real pain, so if I don't get back to you right away, don't worry, I will sooner or later.

Michele-I'll always have a listeneing ear for you or anyone else on this website. Sometimes an anonymous person, someone who isn't a part of your life, is easier to talk to you than your best friend. Know that I'll listen.-Alyssa

everywoman

Michelle, I am always willing to listen. Sometimes we just need someone to listen and then we can come to the answers we need ourself. Just pm me any time.

nvts

My ears are available, my heart is open and my shoulders are strong...

feel free to pm! I know the feeling of "futility" all too well!

Beth

Michelle,

You are always welcome to PM me, although I would understand you wanting to post to someone you are close with if you have some personal issues to discuss.

Hugs for your hurting heart.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am an open book much like Miss Janet!!! I am it seems always in the middle of some drama!!! But feel free to PM me!!!
I will try to help. If I haven't been there, I am sure some one on the board has.
Hang in there.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Michele

I've been around the block a few times myself. And I'm a pretty good listener. You can email me too. I know too much about depression and the lovely lumps life can hand you. Don't know if I can help, but I can sure try.

Hugs

M

ML

Thank you!

I actually trust everyone here. It's just that I have to realize this is a public form and I need to be careful. Having said that, I'm sure in time most of my stuff will come out in pieces as the opportunities arise. For those who offered their PM, THANK you so much and I may still take you up on that. I feel very supported by you all.

And a special thank you to Janet who was the first to read my post and has her ears full and her shoulders heavy now.

nvts

I'm really glad you've gotten somewhere to vent! Janet is FANTASTIC! She's really a godsend to those of us who seem to be terminally at a crossroad...

Beth

susiestar

Roll With It
Michele,

I am always open to helping. PM's are just fine, though right now it may take me a day to get back to you. I have to be out of town tomorrow, and we are all coping with a nasty virus.

I have been through a LOT of personal, emotional, marital, and medical stuff. Not to mention kid stuff. Anything you PM me will stay between us, and I will help if I can, always listen, and get back to you as soon as I can.

Hugs,

Susie