Please help - really angry

trinityroyal

NWTGU, You're doing the right thing.
If there's a risk that your difficult child will get violent and either injure himself or someone else, then it's definitely a good idea to take him to the psychiatric er for evaluation.

I don't think you should wait. I'm glad to hear that you're acting now.

This summer when my difficult child came home from a summer Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and we were waiting for his permanent Residential Treatment Center (RTC) placement to open up, he was very agitated and started to get violent with easy child 1 who was looking after him during the days (while husband and I were at work). We had to send Little easy child to stay with relatives because he was so unstable and unpredictable. Like your difficult child, mine is well over 6 ft tall, compared to my 5 ft 2.

Sending strength and prayers, and hope that the psychiatric evaluation at the ER provides you with good results.

All the best,
Trinity

Purple Cow

I just wanted to let you know that there are some nurse practitioners who are highly skilled in prescribing medications. For three years I was seeing a np for my medications. She was the best thing that ever happended to me. She has worked with me and we have tried several medications to find just the right combination for me. She has special training with prescribing medications for mental disorders. She is constantly taking new classes. My psychiatrist actually told me that she was more skilled than she was as she has taken such extensive continuing education. I am currently doing amaazing with my medications. Unfortunately, she recently changed jobs for a better position. She helped me more than any therapists that I have ever had. I now see a psychiatrist who monitors my medications. She is continuing me on the medications that the np prescribed.

For the np that you saw it definately seems that you should be seeing someone else. There is no excuse for them not calling you back IMMEDIATELY if you gave them a complete explaination for what was going on, especially since there were bad reactions to the medications. It sounds like a new facility should definately be cheked into.

jannie

trying to survive....
My difficult child attended an intensive outpatient program 4 days per week and a well qualified psychiatric nurse practitioner met with patients on a regular basis and also wrote the prescriptions. So I agree with purple cow that there are some good nurse practitioners out there....however you need to monitor carefully.