PLEASE HELP THE DUE PROCES RESEARCH STUDY

Martie

Hello everyone,

In January of 2006, many of you participated in the “Parenting Experience Survey” for which I sincerely want to thank you again. As a result of your participation, the preliminary results will be presented at the National Association of School Psychologists which is being held in New York City in March of 2007. It is important to get the news out to help our kids.

Cheryl supports research also !!! :flower: and has allowed me to ask again for your help in another type of research. Of the 627 of you who responded to the original survey, only 23 parents had been involved in a Due Process Hearing with their School District.

So far, five people have volunteered and in order for this project to work, we need about 5 more people who are U.S. residents. If you are one of those remaining 18 people, or are a person who has “gone to Due Process” even if you did not complete the original survey, please see the explanation below which is what was originally posted:</span></span>

"I would like to ask you to participate in a telephone interview about your experiences. I am interested in why you chose to go to Due Process, your impressions of the procedure, the outcome you obtained, how you felt about it then, and how you feel about it now. The interview should take between 45 minutes to one hour and would, of course, be scheduled at your convenience if you decide to participate.

In order to preserve the anonymity of http://www.conductdisorders.com, I would ask that you email me if you are willing to consider participating. If you respond to this announcement, I will then send you a description of the study and a consent form. I would know your telephone number if you were to choose to participate, but no other personally identifying information will be sought, and nothing will ever be released that could identify you. After the telephone interview is completed, I will not keep a record of your telephone number or email address.

Thank you in advance for considering yet another way to try to help our children!

Sincerely,

Martie

Martie

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This study is not going to make it if we do not get a few more volunteers. Posting on all boards has produced one additional person.

Based on the original survey there were 23 people who had been to Due Process. Even if a few of those were not in the U.S., there are still plenty of people who could make this work.

There is NO PUBLISHED RESEARCH on Due Process from the parent perspective.

Please consider volunteering if you have had this experience with the Special Education system.

Thank you,

Martie :bow: