Positive thought - re: Steely's request

Abbey

Spork Queen
Now, some may not find this positive, but there are probably many that do. I can't utter a sound right now so you can't hear me gripe.:D

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL

by the way Abbey, how's the cold? I'm guessing not better since you've lost your voice. I hope you're taking care of yourself as much as you can.

Hugs

Jena

Abbey go get some vicks for yourself and hauls and tea!!! Losing voice not good, yet thank good ness for the hands!! :)

Steely

You are so funny Abbey...........
Yes, I guess losing your voice could be a good thing. At least it makes you turn inward and find some internal peace and solitude.
You know the other thing it does? It causes other people not to talk to you, because you can't answer!!!!
Now there is a real positive!!!:peaceful:

KTMom91

Or it makes them talk to you AT THE TOP OF THEIR VOICES, thinking that if you can't talk, you can't hear, either. That's the time to make a little sign that says, "I can hear just fine, thank you. Please don't shout at me."

M

ML

Abbey I have the same virus out here in Colorado. It attacked the larynx/voice box and I actually sounds worse than I feel, which isn't great. Stay warm friend. Love, ML

Abbey

Spork Queen
Abbey I have the same virus out here in Colorado. It attacked the larynx/voice box and I actually sounds worse than I feel, which isn't great. Stay warm friend. Love, ML

Yeah Ml...what do you do for it? I'm on my 3rd nap of the day and still can't talk. Took the stuff mother in law brought over twice...hmmm....there might be something here... ;)

Abbey

klmno

Has anyone suggested that old home remedy of honey and whiskey yet? I don't know if it works but you will either choke or quit caring if you can't talk...

M

ML

my friend (that I met on a local mom's support group) brought me fresh ginger, lemon and honey. You boil the ginger for a half hour and add honey and lemon. She said it would kill the virus. It didn't but it did bring my voice back for a little while. I think I will do that again tomorrow. Abbey do you have a nasty cough too?

I felt guilty because I let manster play wow and watch tv all day while I laid on the couch. He was quite content lol. I just didn't have the energy to hoist him off the couch with a crow bar.

Abbey

Spork Queen
KLMNO...you're on it. I think it's a conspiracy. They don't WANT me to talk. Imagine that.:tongue:

ML...nasty cough? Um, yeah. That deep in the chest thing.

Abbey

M

ML

mucinex (the generic) does help with the cough. The more I cough the more it hurst my voice.

klmno

mucinex dm is supposed to be good if you have chest congestion.

Of course- ML just beat me to that! LOL!!