Power of the board needed

MyFriendKita

I haven't been on here much, but need to ask for prayers/bead rattling/whatever you can offer for my son's friend. My son just called and told me S (the friend) shot himself last night (S and his girlfriend got into an argument, and S was drunk). He's still alive, but it doesn't look good. He's a difficult child, but a good kid. The whole thing is so stupid, such a waste. I don't know why they choose a permanent method to deal with a temporary problem. Anyway, all prayers, bead rattling, or whatever you want to do would be appreciated. He has a little boy who still needs his dad.

MyFriendKita

Thanks very much for the prayers. Now S's family and friends need them. My son just called me to tell me S didn't make it. My son was crying--he never cries.

donna723

Something very similar just happened with a boy in my neighborhood - I know what you mean about the 'permanent solution to a temporary problem'. How very sad and senseless.

Sending prayers and good thoughts to this boys family and friends.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Of course. Asking for all available angels to be there for him, his family, & your family. Please keep us updated.

MyFriendKita

Thanks again for all of the prayers and good wishes. They help very much. I knew this boy well, and he had so much promise. He laid the floor in our kitchen and bathroom, and did such a good job I told him he should start his own business.

I had to go to work (I don't know why I bothered, I haven't been very productive), but my son was with a friend when I left. I've called to check on him as has husband. I just don't know what we can do beyond asking him if he's okay and letting him know we're there if he needs anything. I plan to ask him if he would like to talk to a counselor in a few days, after the shock wears off. He was there when S shot himself--not in the room, but outside on the porch. He helped give first aid, and I saw he had S' blood all down his leg. That has to affect someone badly, even a nonchalant difficult child.

Thanks again for being there.

busywend

I am so sorry for the loss of this friend. For sure your son will need help with his grief. Too close to the situation to not be affected.

Sending prayers for you, your son and the family. The girlfriend, too.

So very sad.

MyFriendKita

I just wanted to thank everyone again. I don't post much anymore, but do lurk daily. My son seems to be doing okay. He's not much of a talker, but he has told us little bits and pieces of what happened. So at least he's not totally clamming up, although he's only talking about facts, not feelings. He said they thought they had taken all of the bullets away from S, so apparently he had been threatening to do this for at least a little while before he actually did it. I asked why they didn't take the gun. My son said they thought there was no way there were any bullets left S could find. I know we're all told to take our kids to the ER when they threaten suicide, but I never thought to tell my son to do the same with his friends. I think even a split second's diversion might have stopped S, but we can't know that.

husband called while I was typing this to tell me there were police cars and an ambulance back at S' house. I got in touch with my son and he said S' girlfriend tried to kill herself. He didn't have any more details than that, but is supposed to let me know more when he finds out.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Prayers going up again for the girlfriend and her family as well. Busy is right, too much sadness. I hope your son cooperates with some counseling to deal with this. It's alot to handle....even with help....let alone without it.

((hugs))