Printers anyone??

saving grace

I am in the market to buy a new printer, I havent purchased on in years and years, I would like to be able to print photos, copy, scan and print.

Does anyone have a printer that they just love? any reccomendations?

Grace

busywend

You could buy the new Kodak All in One printer. The ink cartridges are half the price.

I will email you a $50 off coupon tomorrow.

nvts

Grace: do yourself a favor and before you purchase one make sure that the ink doesn't cost a fortune and that you can get it locally in case you run out!

There's quite a difference from one printer to the next!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
I LOVE and HAVE LOVED my EPSON color printer.

I purchased this one almost 5 years ago so the technology and ink you would think would be advanced - but this one does EXTRA large prints too - I like that for a few reasons

1.) If I stitch a photograph I can print it myself

2.) I can scan any size picture and print it whether it's in 4 parts or one picture

3.) It's never broken down

4.) The ink cartridges are relative in price to others (but not wanted for recycling)

5.) HP has nice printers and you can turn their cartridges in for $3.00 toward merchandise at Staples.

If you want to download your camera pics directly - get one with a picture bridge.

I just can't say enough about the quality of lasting ink color =non=fade with Epson.

Hope that helps.

LittleDudesMom

I'm an hp gal myself. I've never, ever had any other type of personal printer! I bought a fabulous C7100 last year as a Christmas gift for the family.

I love it because it is a printer, fax machine, copier, scanner, photo printer, etc., and it has slots for all different types of "flash" cards. All three of us have different types of cameras and you can just go sit by the printer, put your flash card in, and preview your pics right there (it has a little pop up screen) without downloading anything to your computer. We do a lot of printing and a lot of photo printing and have replaced each color once in a year. This printer has individual ink colors as opposed to an all in one color cartridge. I got a great deal on it at costco last year.

Sharon

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
For about the past 15 years, I have had an HP at work, and for the past three years, have had one at home. These things are absolute work horses - and are constantly either printing, copying or scanning. I still have my first HP bubble jet, and it still works.. The one at home is an HP 750 that can print in color, scans, faxes, copies - the one at work is just B&W, does the same and also has fax capability.

I have had Epson's before, and they all tanked in a short period of time - maybe they are just not geared up for all of the heavy duty use I use them for - my HP at work is pretty much going from the time I get in till the time I leave.

I take the empty cartridges for the work one into Office Max, and for each one I get a $3.00 back for each one.

Marcie

saving grace

Thanks for the advice, I have to say it was a tough pill to swallow though LOL, my Mother is here visiting from GA this week and she has been with me while I have been looking for the printer and she is really pushing the HP, she swears by it. and you girls have to go ahead and agree with her. Just kidding.

I also have an Epson all in one that I purchased from Dell with my comp and it has never worked up to par, always been one hassle or another.

I will look further into the HP's. Thanks a bunch

Grace

Lothlorien

I have the HP photosmart all in one. It's great. One really cool thing about it is that when I scan multiple pictures, it recognized that there are multiples and you can save each picture seperately. It saves a lot of time. I work from home, so I need the fax option. Not all all-in-ones have a fax, so if you need that, make sure you look for it.

The black ink cartridge is about 15., but it's twice the size of the color ones and the color cartridges are 9 bucks. All the colors are seperate. I like the fact that you only need to buy the color that you need, vs. buying a $50 color cartridge like my old printer.

This printer (C6180) also has openings in the front for SD cards and other cards and you can print directly from the printer, without downloading onto the computer.