Puppy losing teeth is this normal?

Jody

Nyla has lost her two big teeth. I believe they are her baby canine teeth. I can't remember Broady losing his. She is trying to gnaw on a bone and it's bloody.

Jody

Poor baby, she's been whining a lot lately, that must be why. She didn't lose any of the little ones yet, just the two bigger ones.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Maggie is going thru it too, and yes it can hurt sometimes. So far, I've managed not to step on any. (I usually find them that way)

flutterby

Fly away!
Normal and can be very bloody. My Luna is 10 months old and when she lost hers it looked like a crime scene. Scared me to death. I'd never had one lose them with so much blood.

DammitJanet

Hmmm..so far I havent noticed this before. If mine are losing teeth, maybe they are doing it outside and I just dont see it.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Puppies do have pain with teething just like human infants do. Also like human infants, they can get upset stomachs and such. The worst teeth are the canine fangs and the big carnaissal molars on each side top and bottom. You likely won't notice the small front incisors as usually the adult teeth just push them out with no problem. She should be starting to grow in the canine teeth any day now.

lf she really seems to be in pain, you can soak a washcloth in chicken or beef boullion, twist it, and freeze it. Chewing on that will ease the discomfort.

Only give her the washcloth under DIRECT supervision and take it away once it's thawed. l used to keep a couple in the freezer for teething puppies. That way they could always have a frozen one ready to go when needed.