Question....

busywend

How long can I call myself a Newlywed????

I just noticed it is in my signature. And I do not want to change it. I am still a newlywed!
:flirtysmile3:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
May 2010, a friend's son got married... And someone at the reception asked how long husband and I had been married.

When we told her, "almost 5 years", she was amazed. She told us we still acted like newlyweds. (Of course, we were getting things back together after almost splitting up - but so what.)

SO - however long you want!!!

buddy

keep it...you should be a newlywed at heart as long as you possibly can! I have told you all before I stay in my thirties by counting thirty-nine, thirty-ten....now in November I will be thirty-eighteen! my vote is to keep it!

trinityroyal

As long as you feel like the title fits.

husband and I have known each other since I was 5 years old. People still think we're newlyweds.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I graduated in 1968 - one of my highschool friends refers to his wife, never as his wife, but his bride - I guess they still qualify for newly weds after all these years..

Fran

Former desparate mom
As long as you feel newly wedded. We are close to 30yrs. I'd say the first 26yrs we were newly weds. Now we are working on midlife resurgence. LOL. We are curious what the next 30 yrs will be like. : )

DammitJanet

You can be newlyweds as long as you perform as newlyweds I would think...lol. If you want to send him to the doghouse, you can take it out of your siggy!

Star*

call 911........call 911
As long as you keep your vows, and remember them. However in my humble opinion to tell the outside world "We are newly weds." When in fact you have been married over a year; may spark some conversation and confusion as to a time-line. At that point I think it would be your call as a married couple to explain your reasoning for continuing to tell the world you feel like you're newly-wed every morning when you wake up, face each other with love, trust, passion and a renewed sense of togetherness that bonds you together each day forward just as it did that same day you said your vows. Thus making you feel newly wed each day of your lives together.

Then perhaps you could say "We feel Newly wed - every day of our lives together and blessed every moment for having each other." or something like that.

Whatever floats the USS Wend. ;-) - Happy couples tend to perpetuate that feeling around them and either people are going to understand or not. Those that do? Will want to be like your example - those that don't weren't meant to be together anyway and would never understand sadly. Again - in my humble opinion.

InsaneCdn

At some point "newly-wed" doesn't quite fit... but nobody ever said there was a limit on how long the honeymoon is... So, you're definitely still on your honey-moon.