Right wrong or indifferent

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
husband did not go to promotion last night. So I did not go.

Right or wrong, that's what happened. I felt semi-bad about it, too. Not as uncomfortable as if I'd have gone, but I did feel bad. Its a danged no-win situation.

susiestar

Roll With It
You are a very sweet person, to feel even a twinge of bad for not going to this. Esp with the way cgfg treats you, in my humble opinion.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
For starters, he hates going to stuff like this, anyway. But started out that he was going, but reluctantly. (he goes to sports things and concerts and the like - he just really doesn't like the pomp and circumstance stuff where the kids don't do anything...)He felt like he should go because he thinks it's awful how little her mom participates in things (she, on the other hand, doesn't go to much of anything - sports or otherwise). But he was just fine with me not going. He said maybe she'd get my message if didn't go. I told him if he went, I would put in a smile and go, too. I'm not dumb enuf to think my presence or lack of would make any difference. As long as what's going on at mom's house works for her, its not gonna change.

Then he decided since she hadn't told him anything about it, he wasn't going either.

Susie, i try to be consistent, not heartless. Lol. If I had told the adults in the situation instead of HER I was stepping out of school, it wouldn't have been a deal. But I had told her, and I told her because that little goober sold me out so many times to her mother and teachers and everybody else to save her own skin.... She whined about how hard her work is for her and I tried to help her. I sat thru multiple screaming matches from her mother to get her to tutoring, that she got bored with and just quit, and then lied to everyone and their brother about why she wasn't going and why she didn't do the work...and I was always the scapegoat. It was just gonna be hard for me to go last night and put on a smile and say suddenly I'm hunky dory with it all.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's a no win situation. But I understand how hard it would have been for you to go when she's given you so much trouble.