Robins

Fran

Former desparate mom
My daffodils are blooming so I would say we are getting closer to spring. Hang in there Loth.

Coookie

Well, I just went out to start my car and I swear the windchill is about 20 below... :( It won't last though... :)

You both are so lucky. :laughing:

Hugs

Star*

call 911........call 911
We participated in the Great Backyard bird count - March 1st was the last day - BUT.....here is a cool link to the Audubon society to see which birds are in your area - and you can find out facts - get a list -see a picture, and even hear what they sound like - it's neat.

http://gbbc.birdsource.org/gbbcApps/checklist

F

flutterbee

I heard a Great Horned Owl in my backyard 2 nights ago. It was the coolest thing. I had to get online to check out the call and stuff to make sure that is what I heard and it is!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I didn't see any robins, but we hit 75 yesterday!

(and its 25 (that's the HIGH) and sleeting today. YEAH!!!!)

Wiped Out

Staff member
I haven't seen any robins yet. We did hit 50 yesterday. Of course, we woke up to snow, icy roads, and tonight it is supposed to get down to about 8 degrees-brrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm sure spring will get here-it would be nice if it was before June!

4sumrzn

Nope, nope, nope.....it's not coming soon enough around here! 60's yesterday & we're floating away with inches of rain & in the 30's today....suppose to snow tomorrow. YUCK! I'm soooooooooooooooooo ready for spring & it needs to hurry!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have spied an occasional robin in the past week or so! Where do they go when we have those end of winter snows?

The other day we saw a very healthy wandering red fox in our yard. And last night I spotted a family of deer crossing the road near my house. They were so big!

Yes, Spring is on it's way...♥ I can't wait to feel the cold earth in my hands again.

Lothlorien

I actually saw that my daffodils are sprouting! OMgoodness! That is definitely a good thing! :flowers:

It's so nice to get up with the kids in the morning and it's not still dark outside.

I even made burgers on the grill yesterday, just to celebrate the warmer weather.

I think I'll make a steak on the grill tonight!:bbq:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Loth - thought of you this Am -

NINE ROBBINS in my yard - and our daffodills are already bloomed. We have 70 here. The robbins didn't even move when I got in my car. i tried to tell them that the cat was around somewhere - (evil purr she's such a witch)
They didn't seem to care.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Are you gloating STar*... We had 6 inches of that stuff... I still can't see my fence... husband is up Snowboarding because we got so much snow up on the hill... allright!!!
And we have Robins... and my little hyacinths are trying to come up??? They are wedged under a block of snow And the house... and there is a Pilleated Woodpecker doing his mating call on our metal roof every morning!!! EARLY... and we counted at least 16 huge wedge shaped holes that he has tapped... so far to find bugs!!! In just one tree... he has hit others as well.... They are beautiful but SO destructive.... THe Flickers are as well, but these guys, man!!!

Spring??? WAAAHHH

Star*

call 911........call 911
Toto -

Ask any bird person about why a woodpecker pecks where he does and they will tell you that those birds know where bugs are - if he's pecking a hole in your roof I would have a termite guy come out and do an inspection. That little bird could either have poor direction or detect some wood eating buggers.

FYI.
Hugs
Sorry
Star