***Roll Call- Is everyone in?***

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Glad to see your bright and shining faces :grin:

Sunny, the red numbers are the number of new posts on that thread since the last time you read it.

Suz

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Had to remember password and username, but finally the brain cells kicked in...

Thanks Cheryl for the new look. We keep coming back for more....

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm here. I've had a stressful couple of days. husband was downsized again (they called him on his 55th birthday with the news). He is the 4th person over 50 who was laid off in the last two weeks. To get his one month severance check, they are making him sign a document that he will not sue for any reason ~ including age discrimination. Nice, huh?

So we are back to where we were 8 months ago. Worse, even, since we have bought two new cars since he started back to work.

I think this will speed up selling our house. We have been talking about it for over a year since the girls are gone and we don't need a big old house anymore. I guess we will have to downsize our lifestyle to a teacher's salary. I hate coporate America.

Cheryl ~ I can see that you are working hard on the site. Thanks for all of your hard work.

~Kathy

Sue C

I'm here. I have to keep moving my screen back and forth to read messages, though. Do you think that is something that will change...or something we just need to get used to?

Sue

DDD

Gee.........the cobwebs parted (just like a famous sea, lol) and I figured out how to get logged in.
I'm making progress. Glad to back AND really impessed. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
YAY- it's so nice that the PE family is gathering.

Sue, I expect there will be some tweaking in the next couple of days. I've asked Cheryl the same thing. I'll let you know when I hear.

Kathy, I hope your husband didn't sign that document. If he is being laid off he can get unemployment and sue their royal BEHINDS off for age discrimination! OMG, I am furious for you!!!

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
Suz,

I don't think that we have a choice. We have never fully recovered from the last layoff and there is no guarantee that we would win a lawsuit. They claim that the position is being "eliminated" although husband says that someone has to do the things that he has been doing.

The real story is that they can get someone younger at a lower salary but we can't prove it.

The company has a lot more legal resourses than we do. I don't see any choice but to sign it and move on.

Believe me, as I just told someone in a PM, I would love to sue those SOB's!!

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
That's just infuriating, Kathy.

Maybe he can consult an attorney anyway. They will usually do a free consultation. The attorney can plead "duress" about why he signed the form and would only take a fee if he won- usually a percentage of the award. Ok, maybe I love Boston Legal too much...

Suz

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Here! I also LOVE the new look, pleasing to the eye, thanks Cheryl for all your hard work!

I had the same problem initially, having the scroll right & left to see all the text in messages. I went & dinked around with My Preferences....didn't see an actual option regarding the scrolling thing, but when I hit Submit and came back in, the scrollbar was gone and I can see all the text.

I'm hoping we get our cute little icons back.....The Warrior Mom, the Laughing out Loud, the Screaming, the Crying, and the Clapping....

Unless they're already here, I just can't find them??

Peace

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'm reminded of what a neighborhood is like after a blizzard. Once the snow stops, people come out quietly to survey the changes. I love to see our heads popping out to check out the new site. It just ain't the same when everyone's away!

Yes, it seems that the wide screen has been fixed.

Cheryl mentioned that she will be working on the smilies at some point. I'd hate to lose the ballerina, wine drinker, etc.

Suz

DammitJanet

Kathy Im sorry to hear about your husband, that really bites the big one. Employers seem to hold all the cards.

Suz you are so funny about Boston Legal...lol. I tend to compare everything to CSI or Law and Order.