Sick....

Lothlorien

I am sick again. I was sick just a couple of weeks ago. I was on antibiotics for ten days. I'm sick again. I've had a drip into my throat and I've been coughing all day. It's getting worse by the hour. I'm sure I will be miserable tomorrow. Darn! I was supposed to have lunch with my aunt tomorrow. Ugh!

F

flutterbee

It's so annoying when those things come along to remind us that we are mere mortals. Like we have time for that!

Hope you feel better soon. I know when I'm sick, it's always worse at night, so maybe it won't be so bad in the morning. (crosses fingers)

nvts

Quick! Go into the bathroom, steam it up really, really good, a shot of Afrin and Nyquil!!!

Feel better!!

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I used to be one of those people who had sinus infections all fall winter and spring. Then I found Simply Saline. At the start of my shower each evening, I squirt a bunch of that :censored2: up my nose and by the end of the shower I blast out all of it and it eliminates almost all the dust particles, post nasal drips, etc. It's not foolproof, but instead of 4/5 sinus infections I only get maybe two a year. It really works.

In any event, I sure hope you're feeling better come morning and can do lunch with your aunt! Feel better. Lots of fluids.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Any chance it's allergies?

Jo, hmmmmm that sounds interesting. I might look into it. I spend a great deal of my night choking on post nasal drip.

Why is it we always come down with something when there is something fun planned?

Hope you fell better in the morning. :flower:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
NETI POT!!! I was very apprehensive about these in the beginning... but husband gets stuffed up once in awhile but when he gets sick it is BIG, I get sick a couple times a year... the thing I hate the most is the stuffed nose or sore nose or drippy nose!!!

Neti pots keep you clean and clear... much like the saline mist, but it runs and flushes out your entire passage way... the first time it kind of burns, but now I think it actually feels good... husband is hooked also!!! You do it every night and morning depending on your need... you just use sea salt, a really good natural one. They also sell other things to put in the pot for colds etc. It really helps!!! I love it!!!
I thought it was some hippy thing... but it actually works... and no I do not make nor sell Neti Pots!!! LOL

TerryJ2

So sorry!
I use Airborne and just love it.
We are also buying extra humidifiers this winter, because it helps us avoid the dryness that can aggravate oncoming colds.

Good luck!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Oh, Loth - sorry to hear you're not feeling well. For us, it's that time of year again. I can expect a few colds out of kt & for kt to share the joy with husband & myself.

Take care of yourself. by the way, my father called to tell me that he read an article & wanted to pass it along to me, given my hx with colds & pneumonia. Apparently, you spread Vicks mentholatum formula on the bottom of your feed & then put on wooly socks for the night. You're supposed to wake up feeling amazing (I would imagine a bit stinky as well). If I have to I'll give this one a try this year.

SRL

I hope you feel better soon, Loth. I've been fighting the respiratory gunk for the last two weeks and it finally turned the corner yesterday. It sure zaps the ol' energy!

Take care.

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lothlorien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am sick again. I was sick just a couple of weeks ago. I was on antibiotics for ten days. I'm sick again. I've had a drip into my throat and I've been coughing all day. It's getting worse by the hour. I'm sure I will be miserable tomorrow. Darn! I was supposed to have lunch with my aunt tomorrow. Ugh! </div></div>

I know allergies and sinus's have been terrible. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Lothlorien

Well, BBk, who gets the 50? I don't eat candy corn.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I get sinus infections a lot. I will use the Saline...I have it, just haven't been using it.

What the heck is a Neti pot?

I have no voice this morning. All the gunk seems to be resting right there on my vocal cords, but I can't seem to get any of it up.

I see a trip to the doctor, is in order again. Gosh, this lady sees me like once/twice(at most) a year and now she's seen me twice in less than a month.

My immune system must be low. I'm gonna end up with a case of Epstein Barr, if I'm not careful. I just had it over the summer. I'll have to make a trip to the healthfood store, while I'm out, too.

ScentofCedar

I have been horribly sick this year, too.

I am going to try that Vicks on the soles of the feet thing, Timer. They say Vicks is useless, but anything that smells that bad HAS to be doing something good for us!

I had Lyme's earlier this summer and then, developed pneumonia. I am still battling an intermittent shortness of breath with gunk to spit up.

Crazy.

This is the most sick either husband or I have ever been.

We are both getting better (finally) but it has been a long, hard haul this time.

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery, Loth.

Have you ever tried Claritin? Over the counter and very inexpensive at Sam's. They have one with a decongestant in it, too. The Claritin D makes me too nervous, though.

I swear ladies, that Claritin has made all the difference for me.

Barbara

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well.....sorry to hear that. If totoro can stick a magic lamp up her nose to feel better, then I have a suggestion for you.

My Mom wrote me a few weeks back and said if I get a little sore throat, to coat the bottom of my feet with Vics vapo rub and then put cotton socks on your feet. I added my own interpretation to that and will have a mug of tea, with a tsp of honey, a shot of bourbon whiskey, and a contac.

I guarantee you won't wake up feeling puny.

Puffs to you!
Star the major germaphobe

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScentofCedar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to try that Vicks on the soles of the feet thing, Timer. They say Vicks is useless, but anything that smells that bad HAS to be doing something good for us!

Barbara </div></div>

I grew up on Vicks and it's like a magic potion or something. My granmother would slather that stuff on every night! And now my mom does it! I only use it when I have a cold or flu, but as a kid with asthma I probably smelled like it all the time - haha. I don't think I have a family member who doesn't have a jar of Vicks in the medicine closet!

Lothlorien

I had to go to doctor this morning. I have absolutely no voice. husband's grandmother passed away last night. We knew it was coming. She has been in hospice and she was unconscious this past few days and in pain. I'm glad she's no longer in pain. So, the services will be over the next few days and with no voice, I won't be able to tell the jerks off who stole their mother's money. Long story, but her own daughter was supposed to hold $100,000 for when her mother needed it, like the past couple of months for hospices,funeral expenses, etc. She spent it. She stole $100,000!!!! Selfish witch! So maybe losing my voice is a good thing, sort of God's way of silencing me, so I don't cause any waves.