Snow day and they're driving me crazy!!!

givnmegryhr

It's not helping that I'm sick . PC13 is behaving ,but the other 3 have been at each other all day! I have just instructed all of them to stop talking. They have done nothing but yell . I know it won't last long ,but the last 5 minutes have been peaceful! Sorry ,just had to vent!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm with Janet - toss 'em out in the yard & let them blow off some steam. Watch from your window with a nice cuppa chamomile tea & have hot chocolate waiting when they come in from the cold.

Deep breath....relax. Go to your happy place. :smile:

givnmegryhr

I already did that,but it was wet snow from the icerain, so they got soaked and came back in freezing before too long. I spent that time (all 15 mins) mostly vacuuming up the glass from a window candle my youngest had accidently knocked over looking out the window. Ugggh! Just gave them a craft idea, so hopefully that will keep them busy awhile.

Janna

That stinks. You can send them over my way, I've got more yard than we can handle (check out my pictures in the Watercooler and see LOL).

Sorry today is so hard. Hope tomorrow is better.

Janna

ellenr1

God must be smiling on me, because my two youngest got snowbound at their dad's house overnight, and my oldest and I have had a peaceful, quiet day together (sorry!).

It won't last though, they are off school all next week,their dad is working (tax season,he's an accountant) and can't take them anywhere, I'm too broke, so we'll all be pulling our hair out by midweek.

Just to torture myself, I have the current temperature and forecast for Jupiter, Florida, where my mom spends the winter, on my computer homepage. In the 70's, in case anyone cares!

givnmegryhr

Janna, we have almost 2 and a half acres so there is plenty of room for them , but thanks! They were out until they were soaked and half frozen, which didn't take long, then in for hot chocolate and back to fighting and screaming. husband finally got up and took difficult child out to get us chinese , so at least I didnt have to cook! I have a feeling they will have at least a delay tomorrow morning and then they are off Fri and Mon! The only good thing is my mother in law is taking them Sat nite as its our 17th anniversary. I'm hoping they can stay overnite. I just hope I feel better by then. I think I have strep throat. Went to the doctor yesterday,but she wouldn't give me an antibiotic without the results of the culture. That should be back tomorrow sometime, I hope.

jannie

trying to survive....
I totally understand !! The past two days have been awful...I can't believe after 39 years I no longer LOVE snowdays!!!! :hypnosis: My kids are driving me crazy !!!!

needabreak

i actully love the snow.mine were out playing in it. even my 5 year old tried to shovel.he was out for like an hour it was great.we got more ice then snow but they did not mind.i hope we get more snow.call me crazey i know.