so catch me up - friends

Steely

Hey guys............

So with my sister's ordeal I have kinda been absent from all of your lives for the last month - and I miss you! So catch me up. What has been going on? Tell me everything!!!! How are the kids, the dhs, the dogs, the job....................

I am hanging in there. I have had the flu for 4 days, and I still feel horrible. Wondering if it will ever go away. Still have a fever, and a cough.

difficult child is being, welp, his self. Angry. However, he is reeling it in for the sake of my sanity, right now - lets hope this is a growing point in his life for him - and 2 months from now he does not let his angst rip his life apart again.

He was really touched by my sister's memorial, and all of her life encapsulated into this one ceremony. We had all of these pictures of her life, and so many included him and her together - I think it really was powerful for him. Not that he could really say that - but I guess I could just tell. So many people came up to him at the memorial to talk to him about H. and her life, and how important he was to her. I know, at least for me, that was healing, extremely. And he did so well. I was proud of him. He carried on conversations, and made eye contact, and engaged these people - big progress for him with strangers.

Anyhoo............look forward to hearing whatz up with you all. I miss my little cyber family, and knowing how each and every one of you are.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Big ((((hugs)))) Steely, sorry you're still dealing with the flu. There are some nasty bugs out there this year. Glad difficult child has toned it down some, especailly while you're feeling bad.

As I type this we're getting a major snow storm. Roads are alread slick and snow covered. husband and I almost wound up in a ditch on our way back from picking up medications, and he was driving slow and in 4 wheel drive. We won't be going back out in it unless we have no choice. They're predicting 12 - 15 inches before the storm goes thru. At the rate it's coming down, I don't have trouble believing it.

At the moment I'm worried about easy child driving home from school in this. She called and the highways are just as bad or worse.

On another post you'll see that I was admitted to hospital with chest pains/possible mild heart attack. Spent the night. No symptoms today, and I'm pampering myself. I've got an appointment with the cardiologist to get an angiogram set up.

Nichole will not be going to school next quarter and won't be able to start the paramedic program until fall due to using up her school loans money til the next school year. easy child tried to help, but can't give her enough money to cover the whole cost. I'm afraid she won't go back if she holds off, but what can you do?

So she's looking for full time work and working on getting her driver's license.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

((hugs))

Yeap. Totoro and Star went behind my back and set me up with Brett Favre. Just in time for him to retire. Which does me no good. It's not like he is making any money.

And then, Star went and told my Toby Keith about it,
so he probably won't let me go with him to the CMA awards. And I already had my boots and hat picked out.

To top it all off, it's not like I can even revel in Favre's retiring. I mean, we DID just re-sign Grossman for another year, and trade Griese.

Besides that, Tink is a mess (you commented on my post in general) and I am actually a bit melancholy because I really REALLY miss Copper. Have not seen her since Christmas.

You sound better. Glad to see you back ;)

Steely

Hi Daisy!

Wow, chest pains. Not good! Were they able to confirm if it was a heart attack through the blood chemistry work up?

Yea, we have had snow here too!! And we never have snow! We had more last night. What crazy, scary weather. Please drive safe.

Sorry about Nichole - sigh. These kids. I guess they have to live and learn, and learn and live, over and over until they get it.

Take care of yourself, and let us know how the cardiologist goes. I have been to many doctors for chest pains, and admitted twice to a hospital for them, and it always turns out to be anxiety. I hope that is the case for you.

Take care.

Steely

OH BBK - Geesh, if Star and Totoro and gonna set you up, they need to do it right, huh!:tongue: I will talk to them.

Poor Tink. What is going on with her? Why does she need Occupational Therapist (OT)?

Sending hugs...........

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hey {{{Steely}}}, I am so glad to see you feeling well enough to post around a bit. I hope your flu gets better.

It's wonderful to know that even if he doesn't know what to do with his feelings about auntie H, he felt such a strong connection. That's growth AND healing.

What's new? Well, I'm still working with my Dr's to figure out what's going on with my body. All signs mostly point to simple perimeno stuff and *possibly* lymes. I have to return for more blood work in a couple of weeks. I had an ultrasound this morning and they said it looked good but I have to hear from my Dr next week.

My 20PC moved into an apt with her boyfriend up near her school; she's been dealing with an awful bout of depression. She's been working so hard for the past 1.5 year that I think it's all caught up with her and plus the added pressure of living with a boyfriend for the first time ever and all that entails. H and I moved her in and set her up so if the relationship goes south, she will have everything she needs. We like the boyfriend, just think it's too soon.

18GFG is still working at Dicks (it's become a joke of sorts around our home) and likes it, but hates her hours (they have her working evenings, 1:00-10:00PM), but she's making money. Of course, instead of saving her money, she's planning a tattoo and wants to have her back pierced so she can thread it or something, ew. We've had Monkeyboy over a few times for dinner and he's not the worst person in the world. It's funny, difficult child seems to want him to spend more time with the family, and not her dad's side! Big changes.

That pretty much catches things up. Glad to see you around~

everywoman

Steely, I'm so glad you are feeling better. No snow here, just buckets of rain. I'm really not complaining though---the South needs the rain.
I'm sitting in an empty class right now because we had a freshman/senior basketball game and all of my homeroom---seniors---went to the game or went home. I've been catching up on doing lesson plans for Romeo and Juliet.
UGH!!!
difficult child just texted me earlier to add money to his account. I texted back---NO! Get a job!!!! I had already given him his allotment for the week---I'll probably get an angry call after school---but that is what the end call button is for.
I have a massage scheduled today--actually every Friday. It's the best thing I've done for myself in forever. One hour of bliss, calm, and relaxation. Yeah for me!!! (Hope difficult child calls before I go!)
PCdaughter and latest boy/toy broke up and she is (I hope) through with guys for a while. I wish she would make up her mind and get on with working toward some goal. She is a good girl, but she is 18 and floundering a little right now.
PCson and wife have had a miscarriage. They were supposed to bring gs to me this weekend, but she needs to stay home and rest and a 4 hour ride is not in her best interest. It will break husband's heart though. He had the whole weekend planned with activities for JJ.
I'm glad your difficult child is giving you a break. If anyone deserves one, you do. God bless.

klmno

Hi, Steely! Glad you are back- am very sorry you had to go through all of this and still have you in my thoughts.

You answered my post in general and that's our "story for the present". I'm ready for spring and adjusting my armour to fight the sd. I would just move, but it doesn't look like the grass would be any greener anywhere else!!

Thanks for asking about everyone- keep us posted on how things are going with the investigation. I hope they get to the bottom of it all to give you and your family more resolution. It sounds like it has been a growing experience for your difficult child and at least he can be left with positive thoughts and memories.

TerryJ2

Hi Steeley, I am so glad to see you back here! And I'm glad difficult child did well at the memorial. It's never easy and it sounds like he did very well.
Nothing much new here ... kids were off this wk for Winter Break, I am recovering from the flu, can't seem to get my energy back. I hope your flu isn't as bad!
Just take it one day at a time.
Hugs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Steely,
Glad to see you back, you have been in my prayers daily.

The flu has hit the guys in the house. difficult child and husband were both down and out last week. husband still isn't feeling well.

difficult child is in the p-hospital so they can work on medications and hopefully he can get control of his violence.

easy child is being gfgish and typical teen all in one! Right now she is in a good mood-I'll take it when I can get it!

Me, not much-just work, the health club, and some visits to difficult child. Trying to get in some reading too!

VickiL

Steely,
Glad to see your post and that it seems like you are taking everything one day at a time which is good. I would've been proud of difficult child, too. Sounds like he handled an extremely emotional time with grace and maturity.

The only thing new in my world is that my oldest, his girlfriend and my adorable granddaughter are moving to CA in 11 days. They will be staying in my sister's house by Edwards AFB while she works her traveling nurse job in Los Angeles. My mom is beside herself knowing she gets to spoil the baby rotten and Justin has always been very close to her so she is so very happy that she will be around to help them all out. They live 15 minutes from my sister's house. It's a win-win for all involved, except me missing out on Kyla's baby years. But I've had her for the last three weekends and it's been heaven! She is smiling and cooing and is just the sweetest thing alive. I already have taken off two weeks at Christmas to go out and spend time with all of my family. husband is happy because he loves his solitude and is not the Christmas type, so it will be a quiet 11 days with just him and the dog.

I too am sick of winter and hope that we've turned a corner here. So far I have escaped the flu. husband had a touch of it for a couple of days.

I am keeping you and your family in my prayers...

Vicki

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Did you see my pictures of Clemey??? Did difficult child share any of the gift??? We are the same, K is off of medications! We watched a Moose all night walk up and down the street!!! She was about 6 ft tall... More of my Moose stories...
Tucson is still in the plans, we went and picked out glasses for little N today... I am changing medications... WEEE!!! Lowering my Dopamax... I hate the way it makes me feel. They want me to start on Lamictal. Maybe???
I am thinking of Starting on STars* plan of Jacking up all of my B doses and see how that does for me... I take lots of vitamins, but likely not enough B...

Lots of Prepping for the MOVE... UGH. Clemey is snuggling on my lap... sweet 5 month old puppy...
I am glad to see you back!!!

Marguerite

Hi, Steely. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, this has been really rough on you. You need to be strong.

What's happening with us? Well "The Black Balloon", the movie our kids were in (with another handful of autistic kids and siblings), is now in the Aussie cinemas and doing really well. Before that, the film was at the Berlin Film Festival where it won a Crystal Bear for best film for over 14s. It's about teen angst when you've got an autistic brother. It's very much warts and all, but keeps the humour in there as well as the pain.
We all went to the preview on Monday night, had a great time, loved the film, met up with the director and choreographer again and the kids were each presented with a small memento. They had also been paid, which was good.
If it gets to the US, go see it, especially if you know someone with autism.
Oh yes, and it stars Toni Collette and Gemma Ward.

Other news - the doctors say I MUST lose weight for the sake of my health. My liver is not in good shape. I've posted about it, and I'm now posting about progress over in Healthful Living. My biggest problems are HOW do I lose weight? When you're already doing everything you would think you would need to do (or can do), and your weight is stable, then how do you reduce? And keep it off? And lap band surgery is out of the question, the doctor says I don't qualify.

difficult child 1 is engaged, as of Valentine's Day. We're happy, she's a lovely girl, looks like Liv Tyler.

So that's us, in a nutshell.

Marg

M

ML

Steely,

My heart just broke as your story unfolded. As you initially posted my positive thinking and prayers were with you. I am so sorry for what you are going through. If there is anything you need from a cyber pal, you sure have tons of us that care about you here. Count among your friends me and if you need anything from Colorado I'm your woman.

My life has been super busy. difficult child/d has been a handful. He struggles with school. staying engaged mostly. The definance is reserved for him typically. For the past month I have been pumping him with supplements to help his immune system and perhaps some biological behavioral correlating symptoms. Maybe I'm reaching but when you have a kid who is out of balance on every level my hope is that when you tackle one, the physical, it can help the other areas like the brain/emotions/etc. I will say that his hives and excema are better and mostly he's doing well but we had a difficult week.

My work is challenging right now. Not necessarily bad, but it's taking every ounce of energy that I have.. then when I get home I start my second job and that one pushes me over. I crash on the weekends.

Anyway, I'm glad you're back. I missed you. Love and hugs, ML