Sp Ed update

house of cards

Today I had my second meeting of the year trying to get my difficult child Queen into special education. I'm happy to say she is now classified OHI for Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and anxiety. She is going to finish out the year in her present classroom but go into small groups next year. She will receive counselling, speech (to work on language) and O.T. services. They have accepted my neuropsychological evaluation. as well as the Audio report and the speech and language evaluation.

This May I go back to do the IEP for next year, then I get to fight for a reading program, after I get that in place, I will feel very good about her education program. This site has given me the knowledge and the strength to fight for these things and I am thankful to you all.

house of cards

I was successful in getting the Wilson reading program for my daughter as well, I am feeling very good about her program for next year. Again, it was mostly this site and the wonderful people here that helped get this done.