Steely--interview?

Steely

So awesome of my friends to ask:redface: You are the best.

I leave Monday to have the final, in person interview, in AZ. I have a whirlwind trip, including something like 8 interviews with the senior peeps in this org on Tues. I am spinning. :faint:
I have spent all day trying to make sure I have the right "outfit"............sigh. I am so clothes challenged it is pitiful. I seriously need garanimals for adults (remember those?) - or something. Plus, I am panicked that I will become tongue tied halfway through the day, and start sounding like a 5 year old. (It could and has happened, :sad-very:)

Then, the day I get back, I leave to see difficult child in ID........for the first time in 6 months. Can we say an emotionally high week????:ashamed:

The most concerning part of this job, is housing. If I get offered the job, and think about accepting, there are few places that are for rent. :confused:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Deep breathes Steely. Housing will fall into place. One step at a time. Just remember that if you start to feel overwhelmed. One interview at a time. (remember they're just people and YOU'RE interviewing THEM too) Then the visit with difficult child. Which I'm praying will be a pleasant visit for you both.

You can do this. You have tons to offer. And be sure to keep us updated. We'll be on pins and needles.

Plus, you have something those interviewers don't have.......You're backed up by a board full of warrior Moms. :D

Hugs

Steely

Thanks Daisy.........
I am going to rely on all of your support to get me through this & I am gonna just try and be me. You are right. I have to interview them, too. It is MY job, first and foremost.

everywoman

Okay, take some pictures of the outfits you are choosing from. Post them online and we will advise. You will do fine. This is going to be such a great thing for you. And I am so proud of you for meeting the challenges change brings.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Remember...I'll be 3 hours away. Short drive, fun house. Just give a ring.

You'll do find, dear. Just be yourself.

Abbey

rejectedmom

Steely, Just think about all the stuff you have lived through. There are no challenges like parenting a difficult child. This interview will be a Cakewalk for someone with tthe "walk through fire " experience that you have. The clothes we can help you with the other stuff....You do not need help with. You are terrific! -RM

Steely

OMG
This is the whirlwind week.
(Don't tell anyone but I actually called in sick today because I could not get everything done without more time.)
I leave for the interview Monday at 9am, and I will be back Wed at 10pm, and then leave Thursday at 8am to ID to see difficult child for 4 days.

It will be a week packed with high emotions of all kinds - and more travel and layovers than I can even think about. (I think a total of 12 hours of layovers)

I think I have switched outfits for the big day, Tues, and will wear black slacks and a blouse. I am interviewing for a huge company, but the job itself is outdoorsy, and laid back - so I am having a hard time deciding the fine line between dressy and business casual. Maybe I will take both, and decide when I get up there.

My sink backed up all over the kitchen floor last night, and my head is pounding - but at least I will be able to get all the things I need done today. I have to also clean since a girl is staying here with the dogs. And find a hotel in ID, and put together places to go with Matthew on our trip, and, and and.

I will email again Sunday night before I fly off -
I am so, so scared, happy, anxious and excited all at the same time - I feel like my head might blow off.

klmno

Wow- you ARE going to have a busy week! It sounds very exciting though and I'm glad things are going so well! I really like your idea of taking both outfits-I think it's the best thing to do. It sounds like you thinking this through well, as far as keeping in mind what might "connect" with them and so forth. You must have them pretty impressed already and unless you showed up and did something drastic, you probably have this close to wrapped up.

Have you thought about pay you want yet? Do you know the cost you need to allow for housing and living expenses in that area? I don't mean to add more to your "list of things to do", but I really think you are that close to having this job sealed.

I am so happy for you! You and M will have so much to talk about!