Stupid Internet

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I don't know what's up with att dsl today but it's driving me nuts. It's fine for about an hour.......then phhhttt. So we reset the box, fine for about another hour or so then phhhhttt.

It's not even storming for pete's sake. Raining yes, but no storms to cause such stinky service. Been doing it since last night.:mad:

And I'm going thru sims withdrawl bigtime. Darn game fried the back up video card cuz stupid me believed Travis that all was right with the world. So now I'm running on just the little 5 gig card that shipped with the computer.

No way in hades am I attempting sims 3 again. And my old sims 2 game is choppy as all get out cuz the card really isn't quite enough to handle it well.:faint:

Rain a virus scan just in case. Nothing.

I won't be able to get a new video card that can handle the sims 2 well until at least october. sigh

In case you couldn't tell..........I'm not having a very good day. *groan*:ashamed:

flutterby

Fly away!
Lisa, we have sims 3 and we don't have any issues - and my computer is not near as 'sooped' up as yours. I did, however, have a lot of issues when I had the free antivirus software (I think AVG). I uninstalled it and my computer was fine.

It might be worth a try. There are other ones out there.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I agree with Heather I have a couple of computers that bog down bad with AVG. As for a video card what do you need. husband dismantles old and broken computers all the time he might just have one laying around and I would be happy to send it on its way just to get it out of the house.

flutterby

Fly away!
I use CA but that's because I get it free through my broadband provider. Let me ask my computer geek friend what he recommends and I'll get back to you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Looks promising. :) I'll check into it. easy child also has a good one that appears to be compatable with sims 3.......can't recall what it is called though, and I think she had to pay for it after the free trial, which I can't afford to do at the moment.

Thanks. :)