Suri Cruise?

witzend

OK, I'm stumped. Does anyone understand the constant fascination with Suri Cruise? Is it just that the public is waiting for her to implode? Who cares how many pairs of shoes Imelda - I mean Suri has or who had a play date with her?

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't get it. I am not a fan of her father's. Was in my teens, but I was a teenager. His behavior now seems more and more bizarre to me.

Her mother I have no interest in. Not even sure I have seen her in anything.

Suri? What is the big deal. She is a kid. She eats, plays, goes to school, eats, makes messes and sleeps. At that age I was still fighting mine to wear shoes. Why do I care what suri's shoes look like? They won't fit me and she wouldn't let me borrow them if they did.

I ignore things about her and other celeb kids. THEY didn't ask for that life and it seems to ahve very skewed values for most of the kdis.

trinityroyal

I'm with you there...

I've noticed this ever since we got a million channels on telly, lots of internet news, more and more tabloid-style shows, etc. With that much space to fill, content is thin on the ground, so they have to give us...um...content-free news.

Honestly, I don't think ANYONE cares what sort of shoes Suri Cruise is wearing, but newspapers and tv shows have slots to fill, and Suri's parents seem to be willing to exploit her to keep their names and faces in the public eye.

This is why I don't actually watch TV. I PVR everything, and then filter out the commercials and other drivel.

Trinity

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I don't get it either. Neither of her parents are interesting. In fact, I think they are both boring people. And she's just a wee little thing - leave her alone!

The more accessibility to this type of tabloid news, the more morons come out to get it! It's sickening. They are all just simple humans like the rest of us doing their job of acting and performing - nothing more, nothing less. Not special enough to trail with a camera, that's for sure!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Used to think Katie Holmes was a pretty talented young lady. Loved her role as Joey in Dawson's Creek. Saw several movies she was in. Great stuff.

Then she lost her mind.

What kind of a name is SURI anyway? Whatever happened to Mary or Jane?

My name's odd but not that odd.

Shoes? The kid gets set DOWN long enough to need them?

witzend

Shoes? The kid gets set DOWN long enough to need them?

Isn't that the truth! It just struck me when my usually very serious online newspaper had a "Suri Cruise" section in it that this must be totally insane! Then to find out that it's about whether a little girl is wearing high heel shoes, and they're ballroom dancing shoes bought specially to satisfy her whims, and people are absolutely serious about whether it might be child abuse.

Sorry, but to quote Amy Poehler & Seth Meyers, "Really? Really! REALLY?" The economy is in the toilet, we're embroiled in two wars we can't afford to fight and could have been ended before they were started, people are losing their homes, nut jobs who should have been in jail are shooting police officers on their coffee breaks, and people want to have grand online arguments about a little girl's shoes? "REALLY!"

The "dumbing down" of American has officially occurred.

DammitJanet

LOL Step...All my grandkids have some strange names. Keyana, Hailie, and Mikeys middle name is a bit odd...Laylon. Your name isnt that odd. I kept up with Suri because she was another little girl that was born the same time as "our" crop of grandkids that were born that Summer of 2006. Kind of watched her grow as Keyana did.

DammitJanet

WOW Witz...they are arguing over her shoes! Now all I did was look at the covers of magazines in the checkout line! I didnt even buy them! I would just glance at them while waiting in line and think she was cute.