Taking some time off

rejectedmom

Just wanted to let you all know I am going to take some time off. I have not been feeeling well for a while. Have been seeing doctors for various problems that were picked up on in my presurgical physical back in March. Much testing and medications later, but still not feeling well. I had a sleep study done last week and they picked up on several abnormalities. My oxygen levels are way down at night and I struggle to breathe all night long. I have to go back into the hospital for another night of testing next week. They will administer oxygen and CPAP titration at that time. I am hoping that I can tolerate the machine and that I begin to feel better within a few weeks.

I am also having a colonoscopy done July 20th. There is some evidence of a possible mass but it could just be an adhesion from previous abdominal surgery. My dad died of colon cancer at 64 and my mom got it later in life but was sucessfully treated via surgery. With that family history the doctor is taking what he feels are necessary precautions. Im not stressing over this as i really feel that they won't find anything of any real medical significance but I also am not looking foward to that test LOL.

Anyway I decided to take time off from Physical Therapy and go to the beach for a few days in between each procedure and my scheduled doctor's visits. I simply cannot have my summer all about illness and doctors and physical therapy.

My Orthopediac is convinced I will need surgery for my foot but put me into PT as a last ditch effort to avoid that. PT doesn't seem to be doing much for me so the surgery is probaboy going to happen. I will put that off until at least Sept, however. I need to get the other stuff straightened out first.

Anyway I won't be posting much for a while. I will be splitting my time between the two houses and I do not have internet access at the beach. I wish you all a good summer. I will try to pop in from time to time. -RM

Alisonlg

Positive thinking goes a long way! I'm sure if you think they'll find nothing of medical significance, then they won't. :wink: You'll be in my thoughts throughout the Summer- please check in when you can to let us know how you're doing!

Sunlight

have a good beach visit-I love the ocean! I will hit the double nickel in august (age55) and last week I learned I have moderate arthritis in my knee. ain't gettin older a scream???

come back refreshed and renewed, ok?

TerryJ2

We'll miss you! But this is certainly something you need to do. Happy healing and peaceful dreams.
:doctor:' :flower:

On_Call

Try to :beach: and enjoy the break and time away.

Check in when you can!

Sending more positive thoughts your way, too. :angel:

I hope you're feeling better SOON!!! I'm glad you're going to be spending some time at the beach this summer!!! You definitely need some "me" time!!! :beach:

The ocean always makes me feel better. I hope it helps you too!!!

Sending cyber hugs and some cyber :flower: :flower: :flower: WFEN