Talk about your warrior parents!

tiredmommy

This ad was on our local craigslist today under the free category (I've removed the telephone #):

I caught my son drinking and driving this past weekend, and me and my wife have decided to teach him a lesson. Driving is a privelage, and there are people who could use his Jeep more responsibly than him. It's a white 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee with about 110K miles and it was inspected this past July. I need it gone tomorrow before he gets out of school. First caller gets it! My number is xxx-xxxx and my name Steven.

susiestar

Roll With It
Beautiful!!! Those parents love that child, though it will take him a LONG time to see it. Drinking and driving is nothing to mess around with.

SRL

He didn't mention the fact that the kid comes free with the jeep...

Seriously, while I respect the sentiment, I hope this isn't picked up by the media, youtube, etc, ruining the kid's prospect for jobs, school, etc. It could be pretty damaging to a kid's reputation. The dad could have quietly arranged to donate it to charity.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
love the sentiment, but I would have sold it for the $$$ being they may need it for difficult child's next mistake!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm sitting here wondering if this happens to be the same Jeep my sister in law just got a super deal on not so long ago............. :rofl:

Good for the parents! :D

It's refreshing to hear that parents are taking a much needed hard stance on drinking and driving!!!

This is one lesson their child will NEVER forget!!!

However, SRL does have a point - in my humble opinion too, it would have been better if the father donated the car privately to charity without making it public. It would have served the same purpose without any chance of coming back to bite his kid in the butt later on. WFEN