Talked to difficult child

crazymama30

He said he kinda likes it. The good is good, he likes his roommate. We talked for 10 minutes or so, and he asked if he could get off the phone, he wanted to go finish his game with his roommate! I do feel a bit better now.

Talked to his therapist. She said he was loud and very distractable. Yep, sounds like him. They have not made any medication changes yet, so I will chalk the psychiatrist there and see if he had talked to current psychiatrist and come up with a plan. it was( as of yesterday) to either do a complete medication wash or cross taper from abilify to seroquel. I go over for family therapy thursday, and then on sunday his sister and I will go over for a visit.

pepperidge

Sounds good, all things considered. Maybe not so bad not to have started to do a medication change right away--gives them a chance to see him in action and for him to get used to the place without doing medications at the same time. I hope they only change one medication at a time so that you know what works and what doesn't.

It is good that you will get to see him often--though lots of stress on you.

big hugs to you.

L

Liahona

So glad he likes his roommate! Its a relief that difficult child likes it there and is having fun. I'm glad they have family therapy and visits.

DammitJanet

glad he likes it and it is a good sign that he wanted to get off the phone to go play. I know it feels bad to a mommy heart but its actually a good sign. I also think it would be a very good thing to bring him on and off one medication at a time. They should have the time. I would want him down to baseline and then add medications up one at a time so you know what his best combo is at this point in his life. He is older now and you really need to know this. Boys change so much with puberty that what works as kids can just never work then.

I hope this works out.

crazymama30

I hope he does not honeymoon for so long that they think there is nothing wrong. I am thinking that when they start changing medications we will see some interesting behaviors.

buddy

Are you sure you were not talking to and about MY son? He too is loud and distractable, haha. He too liked being in a setting like that after the fear wore off. I was worried he would not want to ever come home, but not anymore, he is happy to be home now.

So great he likes his room mate! That is just wonderful news. And that he was happy to talk to you but just wanted a short talk, also sounds positive. sounds like he is too impulsive/distractable to have too long of a honeymoon. I bet they have seen honeymoons before. Your strength is inspiring to me, even though hard, you are doing such a great thing for him. Hope the medications will work out for him sooner than later.

TerryJ2

So far, so good!
I hope they can observe him carefully and make the best medication and behavior changes. Fingers crossed.