Thankful for changes

Hi all. Just checking in.

difficult child has been home two months. He's working. Has a new girlfriend whom I like. She's religious and comes from a close family.

no more issues with vodka bottles, etc. he is spending more time with me. This week, he posted on Facebook, "I seriously have the best mom ever!!" And tagged me. That's a big deal for him to have done that.

i even felt comfortable leaving difficult child here last weekend to go see my sister. I have really great neighbors who know his history. They kept an eye out. difficult child had to work all weekend. Everything went well.

I see some bits of maturity here and there. I think this girl is bringing out the best in him.

he sees the shrink for the first time this week. Am curious to hear his opinion. difficult child was diagnosed with ADHD starting at age 3. I want him to get the necessary paperwork so he can get services at school. He will return to college (it's local) in the summer.

i know things can change in a second. Not going remove my boundaries. Just grateful for the good days.

i know that this progress happened because I made the hard choices and stood my ground. Will be forever grateful to this board and all of you for your support. Am not leaving...just needed to say that!

:)

Nancy

So glad to hear this. Good to stand your ground and maintain the boundaries. Remember nothing changes if nothing changes. You have changed and so has he.

I'm thrilled he has a girlfriend that you like and that seems like she will bring out the best in him. That is great motivation for him to continue the right path.

Enjoy the peace and thank you for the update, I think about you often. Things have come a long way.

Zardo

This is great news - I read back on some of your posts to remind myslef of your difficult children situation. He has come a LONG way. Here's to hoping for more recovery and clarity and more good news to come.