The plan worked at least once.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
"The Plan" was sent out yesterday along with very specific instructions that if wee asks for SpEd or Principal, they are to be called IMMEDIATELY. This was given to all second grade teachers and anyone who in any way may remotely be in a position to deal with wee. Subs wil be given the information on the day they sub.

Today, the SpEd teacher is gone, and wee fell apart with her. Things got very close, but he remembered what he was supposed to do, and that is to plop down and demand SpEd teacher or principal.

He did, and the sub did as directed!:smug:

The principal came right away and got him, and the secretary called me. Since wee spends afternoons entirely with the SpEd teacher, they didn't feel there was any sense in trying to send wee back to her and risk another blow-up. The meltdown was de-escalated and wee was picked up without incident.:D

Bless his little heart, tho, he was worried about me leaving work.

Marguerite

OK, so far so good.

Don't forget to pat the school staff on the heads too (metaphorically). Never forget that the education system itself is also autistic and needs it's own, informal IEP from the parent.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
Way To Go Weegfg!!!

Proud of him for remembering what to do!!! Also proud of principal and sub for remembering their roles with-o prompting!!

Overall, sounds like a success. Lets' hope that it keeps working!

TerryJ2

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
I love it when a plan works.
And I agree with-Marg, don't forget to give a lot of high-fives to the school staff.