The report from day one....

buddy

R.E. and Susie, Thank you so very much....I am proud of hanging in there and working hard for him. I think my "baggage" (we all have it right?) is both something that I am realizing is pretty huge to overcome but also something that I realize I have come a long way on. I really can give myself credit for the good things I do, even if I tend to minimize it at times......When I do what I tell others to do (what would you say if a friend just went thru this????) I can see it more objectively. Yet, I can also see how I really still struggle with "what if they don't like me, I need to say it in a nice way ... gosh even if I am talking about the jerks in our district in a setting where they dont even know them I find myself being nice about it...they dont deserve one bit of it (I wont lie though, that is for sure).
And I do have to work hard on forgiving my mistakes toward Quin.....when they are honest accidents that is easy but what I did the other day in the car, actually saying I didn't even want to live with him, that I am having a harder time forgiving, but he seems to have moved on and accepted my apology. I am sure he will bring it up at some point but I still remember the time my dad said he hated me, and I know he loves me.

IC and Keista, I figured as much and I am not going to deny him food if he is hungry, that never works, LOL. Not cool to use hotdogs I suppose but the veg. soup and carrots were ok. Thank heaven he is a kid who of course if given sweets would eat them but is fine with alternatives. You would NEVER have thought we would be in that spot when he was little and had that more classic rigid food restriction that many kids with sensory integration disorder and/or autism have. He has come a LONG way.

DDD

I am thrilled reading your post. How wonderful that some professionals are...er...."professionals". Hugs DDD

S

Signorina

So happy for you and Q! And YES-teenage boys are bottomless pits. My own super skinny 17 yo innocently asked if the leftover (1/2lb!) cheeseburger was still in the refrigerator after he had finished his enormous pile of pasta and salad at dinner. He grabbed the burger & he ate it while his dad, grandma & I gaped. I'd sell my soul for the metabolism of a teenage boy ... LOL

Seriously tho, when I think of the term "self absorbed", you are the LAST person who comes to mind! Please enjoy this freedom from the overwhelming worry you've been experiencing. So so happy you have found the right school setting!!!! :)