The saddest thing I've heard...

ksm

My granddaughter has spent the last two nights here, both times she came home after her son (3 years old) was asleep. She slept in both mornings, spent a lot of time in her room, and not much interaction with him. She left by 4:30pm yesterday. This morning he was up by 7am and she got up about 10am. I was in the kitchen and I overheard him say, "where do you live, Mommy? Is it far away?"

Technically, she lives here. But she's rarely here. When he asks where she is, I usually say I" don't know, but she's probably staying with friends." She's been "living here with her son" but not really... we've been his "adults" for over 2 years.

So sad.

I think it upset her...as she left the room shortly after and hasn't been back downstairs.

Ksm

New Leaf

Hi Ksm,
So hard when our grands and great grands are affected by bad choices.
This morning he was up by 7am and she got up about 10am. I was in the kitchen and I overheard him say, "where do you live, Mommy? Is it far away?"
I’m sorry, that’s so tough to hear. Our babies go through so much. Thank God he has stability with you and your hubs, although I know that is another challenge for you folks.

She's been "living here with her son" but not really... we've been his "adults" for over 2 years.
The same happened when hubs and I had Tornado and her three children living with us.

I think it upset her...as she left the room shortly after and hasn't been back downstairs.
Hopefully she will think long and hard how her lifestyle is affecting her child.
Prayers that she wakes up and figures out how blessed she is to have a healthy child.
I understand how difficult this must be for you, Ksm. Prayers for your strength and peace of mind.
(((Hugs)))
Leaf