Things are looking up a little!

JKF

Hi everyone! I'm back from vacation and things are looking up a little! difficult child was admitted to the shelter last Thurs. Of course I had to drive 3 hours from vacation each way to sign him in but it had to be done. He had an interview with a PCR yesterday and they have accepted him. He should start there next week and it will be a 6 month program. We will do intensive family therapy and hopefully he will receive the help he needs. I'm still not sure if I'll EVER be comfortable having him come home after his numerous death threats to me but we will take it one step at a time.

Also, we survived Hurricane Irene. LOTS of flooding and damage but we are fine! Hope everyone is doing well and I'm happy to be back!

orcaauntie

Hi there! I am new here and do not know your history, but I am very glad to see such a positive post. Progress is wonderful. All the best to you!

L

Liahona

That is great! I'm assuming PCR is an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) type of placement. I'm glad his placements are going well.

JKF

That is great! I'm assuming PCR is an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) type of placement. I'm glad his placements are going well.

PCR is Psychiatric Community Residential which is similar to an Residential Treatment Center (RTC) but more therapeutic. This kind of program is exactly what difficult child needs. Keeping my fingers crossed that it helps him!

JKF

That's great! How far from 18 will he be when the 6 month program is done?

Thanks JJJ! He will be approximately 4 months away from 18 when the program is done. Hopefully it helps him but if we don't see any improvement we will not allow him back home. There are many aging out programs in this area as well as independent living programs which we feel may be the best option for him. We will see how things go in the next 6 months though.

TerryJ2

JFK, that sounds like a great place. I hope he can work through some of his problems in a professional environment and realize that living at home wasn't as bad as it seemed. Either way, you get a break. What an exhausting week! The hurricane and then all that driving!
Take care.