Tigger got suspended :(

JJJ

Tigger got suspended today :(

He's been doing great at school but was very crabby the last week or so. Today, he had a pair of scissors in his hand when he got mad. I don't have the whole story, I know lots of paper and the cover to his notebook got cut up. He swung at a kid with the hand holding the scissors (but didn't connect).

They wanted to do an OOS today and Monday but I actually have paid employment lined up for tomorrow so they agreed to have him serve ISS tomorrow and OOS on Monday. I love that they were willing to work with me on that! I really need the money with Christmas coming so soon.

He will miss the field trip on Monday but that could actually be a good thing as it is with his old class and some of those boys are really struggling right now. He will be bummed but hopefully he will get that he has to put the scissors away when he gets mad. (He said he was afraid that if he gave them the scissors when the teacher asked for them that he wouldn't get them back.)

When I got to the school, he was cleaning the classroom and when I sat down he crawled onto my lap and put his head on my shoulder. He loses his verbal skills when he gets upset but trying to piece together his limited communication, I think what happened was two of the other boys started calling him names and his feelings got hurt, it escalated and....at least 2 kids suspended and I don't know about the 3rd.

I really, really need to stay at work all 14 hours tomorrow. I'm hoping I can get a few more days with this company this year. (They have full time staff but several weekend per year they need 'extras' and it pays about $150/day.

Tigger is sounds asleep so hoepfully he will have a good day tomorrow.

T

TeDo

I have to say I feel sorry for him. If he's anything like difficult child 1, he probably didn't even "realize" he had the scissors. There were too many other things on his mind at the time. Poor kid. I will pretzel, rattle and pray that he hangs in there so you can work the whole shift.

InsaneCdn

I'm glad he didn't get ALL the blame, too... that the "instigators" also have to pay some sort of price. Its so hard to help our kids understand that two wrongs don't make a right...

{{hugs}}

Glad the school is working WITH you and a bit flexible...!

LittleDudesMom

JJJ,

hope he has a good day today. My difficult child had an "issue" this week. Seems our kids just don't do well when they feel they are being made fun of, being called out, etc. I sound like a broken record when I tell difficult child, "Don't let someone else's attitude or action get you in trouble." "You are held responsible for how you react to others."

Glad to hear the school worked with you so you can earn some Christmas bucks!

Sharon

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs: for Tigger (you too, hon)...

It's so hard when something just pushes them (us, too) over the edge... And worse when something extraneous hops in, too - like the scissors.

TerryJ2

BIG sigh.
Yes, cutting up paper can be therapeutic. Weilding a scissors when you're angry, not so much so.
So sweet about him curling up with-you.
I'm glad the school negotiated ISS with-you. I have found that schools are very cooperative as long as parents are on board. :)

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Poor Tigger...

and poor Mom!

I'm so impressed that the school was willing to work with you regarding the suspensions. Nice!

Hopefully this will be a learning opportunity for him.

(((hugs)))

JJJ

I got to work the whole day!!

My mom picked up Tigger and said he seemed happy. Tonight was the sleepover at her house with cousins and it went well (although he needed to go to his safe spot a few times cause he got overwhelmed/nervous). They are all asleep :)

T

TeDo

YEAHHHHHH! for mom(s). You got to work and Tigger did well for grandma. Glad school went okay. Is everything going to go that smoothly on Monday when he is home all day?

cubsgirl

I'm glad that you were able to work a whole day - that had to be a good feeling.

Good for Tigger for handling the sleepover - and it sounds like he's moving forward :)

buddy

TeDo, you can always tell a difficult child mom....we are always on alert for the next thing....sigh. i was hoping the same thing for her...he is doing great, please please let monday go well too!

JJJ

He will be fine for me on Monday. I have very little problems with him. I think it is because I read his cues better than anyone else and I have backed off on certain expectations cause they aren't worth the meltdown (ie. I expect him to keep his toys in his room or his basket downstairs but I don't expect him to keep his room clean)

T

TeDo

That's good to hear. In fact, what you said reminds me of a comment difficult child 1 made to me after being sent home for an OSS. He was explaining to me what happened that caused the OSS, which was making perfect sense to me given his thinking pattern, and at the end he said "why can't everyone know me like you do?". I remember telling him because they don't live with him. Now, as I look back, I would change that answer to "because they don't WANT to."

Have a good week-end JJJ.

buddy

That's good to hear. In fact, what you said reminds me of a comment difficult child 1 made to me after being sent home for an OSS. He was explaining to me what happened that caused the OSS, which was making perfect sense to me given his thinking pattern, and at the end he said "why can't everyone know me like you do?". I remember telling him because they don't live with him. Now, as I look back, I would change that answer to "because they don't WANT to."

Have a good week-end JJJ.

I am just so sensitive lately, wow-what he said.... just profound (in my humble opinion)