Today's Oprah

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, not to sound out of line myself.............as I'm not sure of the techniques used per se.......... But all it actually sounds like is they found things to keep his mind occupied and busy work. I mean to a certain degree any parent can do that if they can manage to keep the child's interest.

Travis is not ADHD, but he was a very active child with huge sensory issues along with the tourettes ect. I kept him busy if he couldn't find something to occupy himself to where he starting getting into trouble. Everything from helping around the house to playing Mother May I and tag in the yard.

My kids watched little tv growing up, only played non violent video games.......and only because it was to improve Travis' hand eye coordination which stunk. This really had nothing to do with gfgness...........just I happen to think much of tv is too "adult" oriented and violent for kids to be watching most of the time..........and I can only handle so many kid shows in a day. lol

And usually tics are triggered by stress. So if the stress was reduced, then it usually follows the tics are reduced.

Sort of sounds like in some respects she went way out there to do things she probably could have done at home..........and that probably a lot of us do without actually thinking it out as being therapeutic. But if she could do it and it worked for her? Wonderful.

Still need to load this up and actually see it. Girls kept me busy all weekend and I still haven't had a chance.

Steely

OK - well see Oprah did a good job of not really coming out and saying that didn't she? It was all skirted around, which when I went back and watched it again I noticed. I started wondering, wait, what is it that they are not saying. I guess his mom just told us -
Hmmmm.....now I am a little annoyed because I do not know many of these kids that this holistic approach works for long term. And if he is bi-polar than he will suffer immensely from mood swings. Ugh,

4timmy

One more thing they didn't mention..... This 'holistic' approach includes believing he has psychic abilities and is an empathic. Check out the board on Oprah's site. Interesting that they didn't mention that. Someone posted that they can't believe empathic is considered a Mental Illness.

So I suppose we are all missing the fact that our difficult child's could have Psychic abilities that we aren't developing because society has labeled it a Mental Illness?? Maybe I don't understand ....

Last edited:
H

HaoZi

I caught that, 4timmy, just from what I've seen written about it here. My first impression on things his mom is saying is "What is this? An episode of Heroes?"