Tomorrow is going to be hard...

lonelyroad

My daughter graduates from grade 8...I have had a child there for 14 years, there will be tears, from me..

They have been mostly good with daughter's depression problems and it was a learning curve for them too..they wanted her in the building but often just left her in the office ALONE, not ideal for someone already depressed...but once we spoke to them about that they quickly put a plan in place, as I said a learning curve for all of us.

We are broke, so no gifts for the teachers, but I am going to send them all a nice note thanking them...

Help me get thru tomorrow, I am in tears thinking about it...

buddy

It sounds like you're really going to miss them. My son's the same age and it hit me that as with many milestone years I become emotional for many reasons.

Have you had a transition meeting with the new and old schools to help pass on information and to clarify concerns/have open question time? I think it helps to have at least one future key player get the info straight from the source with you there to fill in the blanks. You can still do it in summer or the beginning of next year if you haven't and you think it could help. Can't really get all the info from records, at least I think so, and one thing I hate is reinventing the wheel.
I hope the day goes well. Anyone can buy gifts, the ONLY gifts I still have are personal notes from students and parents. It's rare to receive a sincere note like that in teaching. I think it is a wonderful idea.
HUGS, Dee

LittleDudesMom

Thoughts with you as you face this emotional, but joyful, day! I know that I was also quite emotional when my difficult child graduated from elementary because they had been so pivotal in helping me navigate his disabilities and very supportive of him!

Sharon

InsaneCdn

Writing the teachers a note is actually of more value than gifts. A note... they can keep "forever" if they want, it doesn't take up much space. When one teacher I know retired, she did a whole display up for her retirement party... of a selection of notes and cards she had received over the years... she could only use a small percentage, but she had kept every single one of them.

TerryJ2

Lonelyroad, I like the idea of notes to teachers. I really think they will appreciate it more than a gift that they can't use. :)