Totoro--how's it going?

pepperidge

HI Totoro,

Perhaps I have missed your posts, but I have been wondering how K and N are doing. And you too!
Hope all is well.

Hugs.
P.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It's going!!! ha ha thank you for asking. You know how you really don't have much good to say so you kind of lurk... So the past couple of months I just didn't even come on because I was just down and confused about what to do.
I still am.
School is horrible for K. No one gets her and they are not following the IEP. New principal. Teacher is cold. K still has no social skills and no friends, since starting school.
We are looking at forclosure...bankruptcy- if we can't get approved for a make homes affordable loan. Work hoovers for Jeff. He can barely pay himself many times after paying the employees.
So many other things... We are looking into having to maybe move back to Idaho because we can't afford the expenses here. Then we would have to home school.
K's medications are going well! The one good thing is I have been working out a lot for the past almost 4 months and have noticed a huge difference!
N is pretty good her anxiety is up and down, therapy really helps we have an awesome therapist.
The mental health care here in general is lacking and keeps being cut. For all SPED services. Both our therapist and psychiatrist think we are in the best SD but they just don't get K and we would do better in a specialized school (ha ha) or home schooling.
I am kind of rambling...
But I thought of you all so much and had to come back on because I missed you.

pepperidge

Ah Toto not good. Im sorry it all seems to be going badly. Except for you taking care of you, which is huge, because for most of us when we are under stress that's what goes right out the door. At least it does for me. I'm working to change that, but it is difficult.
I hope the economy picks up soon for you and that there is some light at the end of that tunnel.
So sorry to hear about K. It must be breaking your heart. And so hard to know what to do. Homeschooling would be a huge investment.
Despite the bad news, I am still glad to hear from you. I have been thinking about your struggles and your move to find better services. At least you have some docs that are good.

Keeping my fingers crossed for better news.
P.

M

ML

Hugs Totoro. I've been in a similar state myself the past couple months. Can't muster up the energy to give the encouragement I would like to. I hope the new year brings some good things for all of us.

susiestar

Roll With It
gentle hugs to all of you. I am so sorry things are going so badly. I HATE hearing that the school is so awful with K. The teacher makes such a huge difference for kids like ours. she has such a hard time in school without the cold teacher. The economy is awful and I hope it turns around for you soon.

Gentle hugs and cyber donut therapy for N. How is she doing? I hope she is having a better school year than K. Has the therapy for Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) made any progress?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Thanks ladies. Her sensory issues kind of ebb and flow. She is kind of heightened right now, both her and N. Actually N has been getting worse with her tactile sensory issues. K's oral issues are worse. She isn't sleeping much either.
We are getting ready to in for a talk with the new principal just to kind of fill her in on what is going on. We are still ones at the school that all of the other parents go to with their complaints! Kind of funny.
K's teacher had her rocking in the dirt under a bush after school right before Christmas break, reprimanded her with a group of kids when k was not part of the incident, then told me k was overreacting. 45 minutes later when k was still rocking with her ears covered and I couldn't get her out... I think the teacher may have realized. But this is why we are not so happy with 3 rd grade. 1st and 2nd were wonderful. I don't know... We are going to finish this year if she doesn't get worse on all accounts.
She is showing more and more signs of her autism as she gets older and the BiPolar (BP) is changing as well. She is such a complex little girl. Even her doctors are perplexed. She needs more therapy especially social skill, we just can't get it here.