Trying Hard

B

Bunny

So, difficult child's big complaint is that I won't spend any time with him. Once he gets home from school we have just over a half hour until easy child gets off the bus. I thought that I would see if he wants to bake cookies. They are just the break and bake ones that I bought at the grocery store this morning, but I figure that cookies are cookies. And warm ones are even better!

Patience, patience, patience. I've been chanting that to myself since last night. Patience, patience patience.

InsaneCdn

I vote that you're on the right track with this cookie stuff. He gets to look like a hero to easy child, by "making" cookies that they both can have for after-school snack...

Anything you can do that improves his standing in HER eyes, is going to be a big win.

That includes... learning how to cook her favorite supper. He's old enough to start learning. Needs to learn to make HIS favorite supper first, and Dad's too!

buddy

such a great idea. I agree it is a win for him and also a win for his relationship with easy child....IF he lets easy child have a cookie...teehee

I keep cheap mixes around the house. He likes to be idependent and so I let him at it...if it turns out yucky, I just say it is great! he eats it all anyway.