trying to jump back on the wagon

crazymama30

After all that has gone on I was not doing well. I started smoking again, quit excercising, and was not doing well. Got an anti depressant about a week ago, quit smoking (last cigarette was Tuesday) and started excercising(went yesterday). It was sad, I have not been the the gym for a month and a half and have been smoking for about a little more than a month. The last time I went to the gym I did 45min on the elliptical on a hill function difficulty level 3 and 20min or more of weights.

Yesterday I did 20min on elliptical and 10min weights.

I don't think the ad is working yet, or is kinda working.

I figure if I post this here I can come back for encouragement. I have a little gym I can use at work for free and have been going before I go to work while the kids are out of school. When they go back I will go on my days off plus one day on the weekend. My goal is to work out 3 times (at least) weekly. I think that excercise is essential to pulling out of the funk I have been in.

M

ML

Crazymama You can do this! I'm very proud of you for jumping back in. I just recently got back on the wagon myself. Big hugs of support!

trinityroyal

Crazymama, good for you for getting back into healthy habits. I think it's a great idea, especially at this time of year when the winter blahs can add to the general malaise. I hope the AD kicks in soon, but the exercise will also help you to feel better.

I've just climbed back on the healthy wagon as well, and it is making a world of difference to my outlook on life.

Lots of support coming your way. Together, we can do this!

Trinity

Fran

Former desparate mom
What you accomplished was wonderful compared to nothing. It won't be long before you are back where you were. Hugs.
When not feeling like yourself, it is difficult to be positive. Just get through today. One day at a time is how I deal with trying to improve myself.

Crazymama, You're already back in the game. You have a plan and you've already begun it. Each time you go to that gym you'll feel more confident and healthy. Don't beat yourself up about what you did wrong- let that roll off your back. Be proud of what you're doing now. (((HUGS)))-Alyssa

crazymama30

Well, still doing good. Day 8 without cigarettes, and I have worked out or done something very physical at least every other day. Worked out last Wed and Fri, went for a hike up a butte on Sat, worked out yesterday, and tommorrow either another work out or a hike up the butte with friends! Doing much better.

I think it helps that my new antidepressant is kicking in.

cm30,

You're doing great!!! I especially like the fact that you've been hiking. I think that it is easier to make exercise part of your life when you find something that is enjoyable to do.

The more days that go by, the easier it will be to maintain your healthy lifestyle. Way To Go!!! SFR

Wiped Out

Staff member
CM,
Good for you for getting back in the healthy living mode!!! I am working my way back to it as well. Since my ankle has been sprained I have only gone to the club twice. One was tonight. After only two weeks off I have really slowed down but you and I will both get back to where we were!