Ugh. difficult child 2 caught a bug.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And not the 6-legged kind. :sick:

It started last night with body aches, fatigue and fever of 100.2.

At lunchtime today it was 102.8, and he had the start of a small dry cough. I gave him some ibuprofen and he promptly took a 6.5 hour nap.

He woke up very disoriented and jittery -- not surprising considering how little he's eaten. I'm pushing fluids though.

Tonight it's up to 103. Cough is sounding a little more productive. Gave him some more ibuprofen and now he's going back to sleep. Poor kid. :(

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Ick, ick, ick ~ while I appreciated the quiet when the tweedles where ill I worried knowing what it took to get them to sleep like that.

Good thoughts for a quick recovery for difficult child 2 (hoping mom can get some rest as well).

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hope he is feeling better. A sick difficult child, where they sleep like that, always makes me feel so worried for them-it's usually how I know if difficult child is sick-his sleeping.

Both my difficult child and easy child/difficult child stayed home sick today. Both stomach bugs just (sorry for the grossness) different ends. I wasn't feeling well either this afternoon. However, difficult child has no fever and it hasn't slowed him down in the least.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He's still got a fever. It spiked again just before 3pm today at 103.2. I had a feeling this was going to be a long haul. I'll be surprised if he goes back to school by Friday. That would likey be the soonest. Fortunately, no GI issues with this. I don't envy you! His cough is still very mild, and hopefully it stays that way!

It's been raining all afternoon. I actually fell asleep at 4:30pm on the couch -- it's one of those days. Felt really good, though. But now I'm feeling frumpy and just want to go back to bed.

difficult child 2 fell asleep on the other section of the couch with the TV on, and despite difficult child 1 and easy child arguing and watching their show, he's not waking up. I'm not going to bother moving him if he can sleep through that.

Hope you feel better Sharon and don't get whatever your kiddos have!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, I'm ready for him to be over this! It's been so long since anybody here's had a flu bug I forgot what it's like.

Although he's only had this about 72 hours, it feels like a week already. I didn't see his fever get over 102 today, so that's an improvement. And he actually ate more than one slice of toast, stayed awake more than he slept, and asked to go for a ride in the car, so I know he's slowly getting better. No way he's getting back to school Friday, though. I'll be dropping by campus possibly at lunchtime Friday to pick up some work for him to do now that his energy is coming back bit by bit. Maybe he'll be able to go back on Monday, but I have a feeling it's going to be slow going next week until he gets his strength back.

He has his quarterly psychiatrist appointment tomorrow at 5:30pm... we are likely the last patient of the day, so maybe we'll go ahead and go in if he's not too tired. We'll just make sure we keep our distance! I'm going to play it by ear and see how tomorrow goes.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Geez, he just woke up again -- second time tonight he's soaked/sweated through the bath towels I've laid under him. He's not too happy about being dripping wet, either. Soooo... changed the towels again and he's gone back to sleep. And husband wonders why I don't go to bed until much later... he's missing all the fun! :p

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Maybe all that sweating last night was the last hurrah for the fever. Temp is below normal right now! I took it with two different thermometers this morning just to be sure and they both had readings below 98!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yeah is right!
Oh, and did I mention that now easy child doesn't feel well??? :rolleyes:
I think she's got a cold, because the symptoms are much different. So I've got two home today. Sigh.