Ugh I need to not check FB

toughlovin

I know I need to stop checking FB..... but for some reason I just can't.... at least not yet. I am going away this coming week.... maybe my goal will be to not check FB on my son all week!!

Cause what I see on FB just disgusts me! He is obviously drinking and getting high and why on earth he would make that so obvious on FB is absolutely beyond me!!

TL

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

wakeupcall

I found out waaaay more than I wanted to know on FB. It's best to just not look. I also gave my difficult child an old phone of mine (he destroys his and I refuse to buy him a new $600 phone), and he was streaming his photos accidentally which showed up on my IPad. Now THAT was an eye-opener!! I couldn't hit delete fast enough. I don't want that crap on my electronics!

Childofmine

one day at a time
Yes isn't that the truth. FB is the cold water in our faces. I think in some crazy way it serves a purpose. When I'm feeling weak or unsure or wanting to DO SOMETHING regarding difficult child, I can get a reality check.

I can be reminded: Am I about to do something he should be doing for himself?

That is the only silver lining to compulsively checking FB about our difficult children. It's okay though, if we choose to do it sometimes. We're only human.

dstc_99

I love FB to catch up with friends but I personally don't enjoy having my difficult child on it when she is angry. She has no problem putting it all out there to everyone.

toughlovin

Yes it is the cold water of reality..... that is what makes it hard but that cold water does serve a purpose....the cold water reality is that my difficult child is definitely drinking and at least smoking pot. It is clear to me from his FB page..... making me realize that him staying sober was a false hope, at least right now. So that makes it clear.... when he runs out of the money his grandfather gave him we will not give him any more. He will be on his own again.... and it means that when things fall apart I am more prepared.

And I know I will keep checking, so to say I wont is fooling myself. BUT I think this next week when I am off having fun I am going to leave my ipad and my phone in my room. I do not need to have them with me at all times and check several times a day. I can and will take a break from his drama!!! I can give my husband the phone number where I am staying and in a real emergency he can call me at the hotel!!!

TL

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

BusynMember

You know, the worst thing our kids can do is to show themselves in a bad light on FB too. There are warnings everywhere that future employees check your accounts...and many of our kids are (um) trying??? to get employment. Do they care? Is the Pope Catholic? I mean, dumb, dumb, dumb.

Thankfully, 36 took down his FB because of his ex and the custody battle. I guess he didn't think it would look too good to have a big picture of him holding a bottle of booze, looking zonked, online. He is lucky his boss either never did check out his FB or is ok with what he had on his page. Of course, booze is legal, but still...he looked drunk, Know what I mean??

The common sense is absent from our difficult children.

wakeupcall

The police told my difficult child they can see every single thing on FB, even everything they have ever deleted. It can lead them to their druggie friends, they can set up sting operations, etc. I've begged him to just delete the whole thing; so he kept it but just didn't post on it any longer....instead, now he does Twitter .Arg...he just doesn't get it.

lovemysons

TL,
I am not FB friends with any of my children. I think I'm glad to live in the land of oblivian! lol

Enjoy your trip.
LMS

Bertmery

meh that's tough, reminds me of one of my colleague, the thing is, every little thing he do he post it on fb, which it's kinda suck

LostandBroken

I don't post much on Facebook. I read. I am getting ready to unfriend my difficult child because I can't stand to see the ridiculous things he and the friends post. I cringe every time I see those pics and comments knowing that everyone including the police and prospective employers will look at what is going on. Later down the road there will the realization that what is on the internet can't be unseen. Or maybe not. I don't think they care. I hope you have a wonderful 2015!