Ugh! New Behavior Therapist - New Problems...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I will say this about the state - their paperwork is WONDERFUL for eliminating "padding" on the bill. The state requires the parents to fill out a form documenting the therapist's hours (in addition to the therapist's own paperwork that she submits for billing purposes)...

The new Behavior Therapist presented me HER papers to sign showing that she worked all kinds of hours with my daughter. Excuse me???? She's only been out to work with her TWICE! So I refused to sign them until she changed them to match MY paperwork - which documents the actual time spent with my daughter.

Therapist argued that she "filled her time" by making phone calls and other things after Therapist dropped her off.

How is that therapy????

After that bit was over - we actually had a nice session. Therapist took all kinds of notes about difficult child's behavior....I'm hoping this means that she "gets it" and will actually start working with her on these things...

I guess I just have to keep a very close watch on the time sheets.

GRRRRRR!!!!

InsaneCdn

If she's half-decent at all... you might agree to "round" the hours slightly, just to be fair for paper-work time... e.g. 50 mins of real hands-on therapy = 1 hour of billing.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
If she's half-decent at all... you might agree to "round" the hours slightly, just to be fair for paper-work time... e.g. 50 mins of real hands-on therapy = 1 hour of billing.

Oh I have no issues at all with a little "generous rounding".

This woman wrote whole days on the time sheet that she never actually showed up for PLUS wrote it in such a way that made it look like she put in twice the time. (IOW - four hours of therapy got written as four hours working on X and four hours working on Y for a total of 8 hours of therapy.) She also added a whole hour for making telephone calls that had absolutely nothing to do with difficult child or my family and called it "filling her time" since she had finished therapy but was supposed to work until a certain hour.

susiestar

Roll With It
now you see why they have parents filling out time sheets for them too. this is just plain dishonesty and lying on her part - there are no 2 ways about it. rather like an atty thinking about calling you and billing you for 15 min of his time, even if he was on the potty reading a novel when he thought about it. i actually know a lawyer who billed a client for time spent working on his case that actually was time spent in bed wth his -now ex but then still- wife. She saw a billing sheet and noticed the time and it was the night before and if he was thinking about the client then he was totally thinking about the wrong thing - client was a guy and wife was furious. plus he is a def atty and it was an animal cruelty case - wife is a godo friend and was sooooooooooo angry and talekd to me about it because it if really was in his thoughts, eeeeeuuuuuuuwwwwww. don't know details other than that of client,b ut i can see why she was freaked.

geez, either i know the strangest weirdos or my memory really does remember all the trivia I never wanted to remember. yuck.

sorry.

but watch this bt closely because she is dishonest. not sure I would trust her with my kid, esp if kid's morals about honesty are nto real strict and rigid. after all, if it is okay for bt to do it?????????

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
sorry.

but watch this bt closely because she is dishonest. not sure I would trust her with my kid, esp if kid's morals about honesty are nto real strict and rigid. after all, if it is okay for bt to do it?????????

Yeah....don't ya just LOVE the people they are finding to "help" troubled kids?

Last woman was a psycho...

This woman is a fraud...

Wonder who's next?

Ktllc

It does cause a REAL moral problem. I am sure she justifies it in her mind with a million different excuse. But the bottom line: it is fraud. Therapists don't have to be angels to be good, but come on... making up that many hours?? Keep a close eye on her. Insn't it terrible that we end up trusting no one or very few people??

buddy

I really think the cost of the paper work is factored into their direct contact hours. I have to do all the budgeting for teh MA waiver and that is how it is explained to me. The reason the Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) workers cost less per 15 minutes is that they do not have the paper work and phone stuff to do as the behavior analysist and the psychiatric has supervisory duties etc. so he costs even more.

DammitJanet

This is medicaid fraud and needs to be reported to the agency on the back of your card. People who are paid with medicaid bucks think it is no problem to bilk the medicaid system but it is your dollars that are paying it.

InsaneCdn

I really think the cost of the paper work is factored into their direct contact hours. I have to do all the budgeting for teh MA waiver and that is how it is explained to me. The reason the Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) workers cost less per 15 minutes is that they do not have the paper work and phone stuff to do as the behavior analysist and the psychiatric has supervisory duties etc. so he costs even more.

That is the theory. in real life? My industry works that way too, and... while on paper I make really good money, in reality? I get no benefits... no medical, dental, sick days, vacation days, nothing. And we can't even GET coverage by paying privately (public medical system covers doctors, hospitals and such, but not drugs, PT, Occupational Therapist (OT)... ) And no guarantee that the next contract gap will be short... it can be a year or more.

Plus... they generally expect paperwork to take 10% of your time. in real life? more like 25% to 50% depending on the system you're involved with.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
This is medicaid fraud and needs to be reported to the agency on the back of your card. People who are paid with medicaid bucks think it is no problem to bilk the medicaid system but it is your dollars that are paying it.

Yep. This IS Medicaid fraud. No two ways about it.

This woman is supposed to be working with my daughter 10 hours per week. But she has extremely limited availability. As I said, she had only been out to the house twice....last night was her third visit in a month. But the time sheet made it look like she was getting those hours in.

What do you wanna make a bet that that was the plan? Put in one hour a week and make it look like she worked ten? (nice - eh?)

I have a meeting with the State Supervisor coming up. This is exactly the sort of thing I should be reporting to her...

Problem is - I get the feeling that these two are friends. Supervisor talked about this therapist as though she was just the cat's meow! (and frankly, that's probably the bulk of her qualification as a "therapist" in the first place.)

This whole system is a bad joke.

buddy

That is the theory. in real life? My industry works that way too, and... while on paper I make really good money, in reality? I get no benefits... no medical, dental, sick days, vacation days, nothing. And we can't even GET coverage by paying privately (public medical system covers doctors, hospitals and such, but not drugs, PT, Occupational Therapist (OT)... ) And no guarantee that the next contract gap will be short... it can be a year or more.

Plus... they generally expect paperwork to take 10% of your time. in real life? more like 25% to 50% depending on the system you're involved with.

Not saying it is fair....just saying she is not to add time to cover those expenses.