Update..my son ranaway

Helpless29

Just got a call that my 15 year old ranaway from rehab facility , took off with another boy.Police were called, when does this ever end? Everywhere he goes ,he gets kicked out. Now just hoping they find him & hes ok ,cant take much more of this .

Helpless29

No he wasnt court ordered , there are boys there who are but hes not. I dont know how far they cant get no money , no phones, just praying he dosent do anything to get him put in jail

AppleCori

Maybe he can get court-ordered to go now?

That could be a blessing.

Most of these runaways have no plan beyond getting out, and usually start calling friends pretty quickly.

I might alert some of the friends’ parents if the rehab is close enough to your area that he could try to sneak into their homes at night.

Helpless29

Thats why Im scared they are not allowed cell phones so how can they call anyone,they have no money & my son is far away from home, he does not know area, nor do I, maybe the boy he left with knows area I dont know but most of these boys who are there ,dont come from that area but come from far away.I pray & hope they dont think of robbing someone

AppleCori

I’m sorry, helpless,

Try not to worry too much.

There is literally nothing you can do right now.

Let us know if you hear anything.

For the record, my brothers ran away many times. They always seemed to do OK, even hitchhiked across the country.

Helpless29

I’m sorry, helpless,

Try not to worry too much.

There is literally nothing you can do right now.

Let us know if you hear anything.

For the record, my brothers ran away many times. They always seemed to do OK, even hitchhiked across the country.
Problem is my son will hurt someone to get what he wants ,and would not think twice about it :(

BusynMember

Then he will end up in jail where he is safe or back in rehab. He won't be on the street long. He needs to learn that if he hurts anyone he will pay consequences. You can't stop him from doing these things. He needs to be afraid of the condconseque.

Love and light.

Helpless29

Then he will end up in jail where he is safe or back in rehab. He won't be on the street long. He needs to learn that if he hurts anyone he will pay consequences. You can't stop him from doing these things. He needs to be afraid of the condconseque.

Love and light.
I know :( my mind cant help but think the worst

BusynMember

I know. I worry about all my grown kids. I am sorry. He will turn up. Try to relax although it's hard. Hot tea, nice movie, scented candle...?

Triedntrue

I know you must be agonizing over this. I am so sorry that he has not been found. Teenagers can be very resourceful when they need to be. I will pray he is found soon.

Copabanana

I know the agony. The likelihood is he will be found safe. If he is inclined to hurt people with indifference, the danger is always there. While I pray he is found quickly, I agree there is a silver lining here. He is under 18. They will likely court order him. He will receive treatment. At 18 he would not without his consent or unless he met very narrow criteria.

You are the only one who can be helped right now. Do anything that enters your head to soothe yourself. Cuddle up. Get in flannel pajamas. A mystery book. Netflix. Bake a pie. Eat half. Sour cream raisin scones with tea and milk do it for me.

I hope you keep posting. He will be found safe. I feel it. Seldom am i wrong.

Helpless29

I know the agony. The likelihood is he will be found safe. If he is inclined to hurt people with indifference, the danger is always there. While I pray he is found quickly, I agree there is a silver lining here. He is under 18. They will likely court order him. He will receive treatment. At 18 he would not without his consent or unless he met very narrow criteria.

You are the only one who can be helped right now. Do anything that enters your head to soothe yourself. Cuddle up. Get in flannel pajamas. A mystery book. Netflix. Bake a pie. Eat half. Sour cream raisin scones with tea and milk do it for me.

I hope you keep posting. He will be found safe. I feel it. Seldom am i wrong.
My son showed up at his grandparents house this morning, probably coudnt take the cold anymore & had no where to go, Im grateful he is safe & warm, but is it wrong that my hurt is now anger , I havent called him & he’ll probably go back & live with his dad, I dont want to talk to him at least not right now and maybe not in the days to come. He put me through so much , he’s had us on a rollercoaster ride the last 2 years ,am I wrong?

BusynMember

Your son is in safe hands.

He has been very dismissive of your rules and feelings and he is a big boy. There is no reason why you need to call if you are angry and need space. He can't expect you to fall all over him after he ran away from rehab and scared you to death. These types of people in my opinion need to learn that when they treat others with disregard they won't be heralded back like a hero.

Light and love.

Helpless29

Your son is in safe hands.

He has been very dismissive of your rules and feelings and he is a big boy. There is no reason why you need to call if you are angry and need space. He can't expect you to fall all over him after he ran away from rehab and scared you to death. These types of people in my opinion need to learn that when they treat others with disregard they won't be heralded back like a hero.

Light and love.
Thank you , I feel much better, it coudnt have been said any better, now I can relax this weekend & enjoy my time with my husband & little ones

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Helpless
This is so distressing and no it’s not strange to go from fear to Anger. It is a roller coaster. I am so sorry you are going through this. You do know where he is and that is at least one thing you do not have to worry about.