update on difficult child.

needabreak

:smile:difficult child is doing so good.they had switched him to 30 mill of focallin 3 times aday.10 mills at a time.and ys he is still hyper at times but what 5 year old isnt.but the great thing is he has not said a cuss word in almost two weeks.that makes me so happy.he is thinking befour he says something and doing better in school.therepy for his behavior is going well.the theripist is suppose to be going to his school to observe.we still have are off moments but i am just happy he is watching his mouth and what he says to other people.right now he is sick in bed and trying to get to sleep i just wanted to let everyone know how things are going and hope everyone is doing well.i have been busy latley.well got to go he is up.the poor baby. :ill:

kris

<span style='font-size: 14pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #663366"> good news! :thumb: hope the positive effect continue.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

I'm so happy to hear that difficult child is doing so well!!! :bravo: It is wonderful when the right medications help our difficult children improve!!! I hope things continue to go well for you!!!

I hope difficult child is feeling better soon. :flower: WFEN

TerryJ2

Thank you for the update. Boy, is that good to hear! On track and improving.
Whew (wiping my forehead).

Nancy

That's great news and even better news that he is trying so hard.

I hope it continues to get better.

Nancy

Sara PA

Interesting that you've posted this when there is so much discussion about medications and little kids.

Focalin is not approved for use by children under six years of age. The maximum recommended dose for adults is 20 mg.

Have you been warned about what side effects could occur?

needabreak

no i did not know that,thank you i will check it out.considering he was on 80 mill or rittalin.i figured this was way better.my difficult child does go to the doctor once a month to have his blood pressure chekedand heart rait.he has olso had quite a few ekgs.so im constally having him checked out.and all of his tests have come back saying everything is fine.when he turns 6 they have a study at johs hopkins that involves all kinds of testing to get in.even a brain scan which is what i want done to make sure there is not something there that should not be.the study is for bipolar in children.the testing they do is to see if you have it.
but i am happy with how he has been we still have are moments but there getting better.thank you everone for your support.

Sara PA

Ritalin and Focalin are not equal strength. The highest recommended doses of Ritalin for children over six (it isn't approved for children under six) is 60 mg; for adults it's 80 mg. When your son was taking 80 mg of Ritalin, he was taking 1.33 times the highest recommended dose for children and the same as the recommended dose for adults. Taking 30 mg of Focalin he is taking 1.5 times the highest recommended dose for adults. He's taking more medication now than he was at the higher dose of Ritalin.

LittleDudesMom

:smile: it's always great to hear when one of our difficult children is doing better :smile: You can hear the "lightness" of your step through your words!

sharon