Update on dtr that got sent home from boot camp

Copabanana

i believe that our children do learn and change. but do so on their timetable not ours.

they also need to experience the consequences of their poor choices.

i do believe there is a place for support. the discernment is to distingush between support and enabling their unconscious and destructive lifestyles. duh. i keep inserting myself where i do not belong. where i have no role.

nonetheless. my son is changing. why? he is ready. it had not one thing to do with me. at least in the sense of anything i thought or said. except for believing in him and taking another chance to provide safe haven.

BusynMember

Haha.

I wish they all changed.

My son is a little older and was never irresponsible about working, but he steadfastly won't change. I mean, he takes no drugs and is better than he was when he had to leave my house for threatening me at 20, but he is still unhappy, unstable and pretty much alone and miserable. His choice.

And I am sure that at 40 his brain is fully grown (and his head a bit inflated too) lol. Just last night I heard the same stuff about why he can't get therapy that I have heard for 15 years or so. When he DID go for therapy at 22-23 he greatly improved, and admits it, but he refuses to go now for every reason he can spew.

Maybe his timetable will be 60!!! (Facepalm from a tired mom).

Not all people change enough...my sister knows a 55 year old man who lives off his family and never had a job.

Nut if your daughter doesn't change, or my son, it is not our faults. We tried everything.

Last edited: