Update on Kate

KATES_MOM

Well things are going really good for her these days.
She is on task at school, getting all her points daily. Still comes home for wkends. She is doing volunteer work at a local vet. office on Sat. only for now.
She has been 2 times now from 8am to about 2 pm. She loves it!
They love her, the vet told me Kate is working out beautifully!
When summer begins they want to hire her part time. This has been a very good thing for Kate.
It has built her confindence up. She has always loved animals of any kind, and since she was 2 wanted to be a doctor. for animals!!
She is picking coarses for next year 10 th grade. She already has the animal science down on her list. The lamictal is really doing its job, along with the abilify. Her therapist says she is really coming out of her self and showing signs of a bright future. I just pray this medication. keeps working and she never has to hit bottom again. She has been helpful around the house here, I can ask her to do anything and she will. I have no idea how much longer she will be away, she doest even ask me this anymore.
But my guess is she will have to be stable for a period of time befor this can happen. Everyone her at my house is good. We are just moving right along!!
I am so glad to be able to report a possitive for a change. Hope all of you are well. I have some reading and catching up to do on here. I missed weeks of being on. Later , Kathy

oceans

That is really super news! It is amazing how a structured environment with therapy, and the correct medications can make such a significant change!! I hope that the medications keep helping too. How wonderful!

'Chelle

I love reading these positive posts. So happy to hear she's doing well. Crossing fingers for you that the medications continue to help and she keeps doing so well. :bravo: :thumb:

Marguerite

That's really good news. It gives everybody hope that at least for some kids, there is a key that lets them out to learn to function well and develop their potential.

Marg