Update on Working

witzend

Well, I have been working a week now. I have been surprised at how well I am doing, actually. I was so sore and achy the first day, I had to come home and take pain pills. I was less achy the second day, but did have to take a pain pill then, too.

I told my boss I can only work four 1/2 days a week. She seemed fine with that. She updated my desk by giving me a keyboard drawer, and is really good about my not doing a lot of repetitive motion stuff in the shoulders. So, I have not had to take any medication for pain in the past 3 days.

It's totally obvious that she has not had an assistant in the past. I am doing a lot of catch up on typing and stuff, but I don't think that she really needs me all that much time once I get her office up and going. I really only wanted to work 2-3 days a week, and it's 25 miles each way. There's plenty of work available here in the neighborhood, and I absolutely refuse to sit around someone else's office and wait for the phone to ring! I'll give it a few months, but if it gets quiet the way that I think it will, I will encourage her to find someone who really wants to work those hours, and I will continue to organize things for her once a week if she wants.

Fingers crossed!