Violin anyone???

susiestar

Roll With It
I enjoy looking at the deal a day sites like woot.

I just came across a site that opened 4 yrs ago today. So they brought back their opening deal.

It is a Lauren full or half size violin for $39.99 plus $12.00 shipping.

It is selling for $119.99 on amazon.com today.

I know many of you have students taking violin or who will take it at some point. This one is listed as being for "intermediate" users.

The half size might be good if you have a musically inclined smaller child.

Here is what the site says about the violin:

It was 4 years ago today the goingTODAY.com was introduced to the public! Todays violin outfit was the item we opened with so we thought for old times sake we would offer this GREAT deal again. Thanks so much for helping make us a success. We will be celebrating all week so come back everyday for some real surprises. Thanks Again - goingTODAY.com
This Lauren brand full size 4/4 Violin outfit is ideal for the intermediate Violinist! It is specially adjusted following rigid MENC specifications. Hand carved, graduated solid spruce top and solid maple back and sides. It has inlaid purfling and ebony fingerboard and pegs. Features maple bridge and hardwood chinrest. Violin has metal tailpiece with four string adjusters (fine tuners). Outfit includes wood bow with genuine horsehair, lightweight, nylon covered case with carrying strap and accessory pouch, and rosin.. Buy with confidence as this product is protected by a warranty against any manufacturing defects.

• Hand carved, graduated solid spruce top and solid maple back and sides
  • Ebony fingerboard and pegs and inlaid purfling
  • Specially adjusted following rigid MENC specifications
  • Includes wood bow with genuine horsehair, case, rosin
  • Metal tailpiece with four string adjusters (fine tuners)
  • Our Violins come "set up" ready to play!

This is the EXACT violin and case that is selling for $109.00 and more on Amazon! The only difference is the color of the felt inside the case!

One of the reasons I posted was that I know some of you may be renting instruments. The rental rates are BRUTAL here and this might be an affordable alternative.

Might also be good if the rental ends at the end of the school year. This would let your student practice all summer.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That IS a great deal!

We now have two extra violins that no one is using because easy child decided she'd rather play cello this year and we got a loaner from her school. I'm going to see if I can trade our two violins for a cello if she still wants to continue with this next year.

susiestar

Roll With It
It is only until midnight so if any parents you know want or need one you might call them. Or call the orchestra teacher if he knows anyone who might need one at this price.

I hope you can trade your violins for a cello. If I see any cheap cellos I will let you know. I have a cousin who played the cello. I have a wonderful memory of her playing for a holiday gathering at my aunts. I was on the floor behind the Christmas tree reading "The Secret Garden" for the first time. I was about 9 and it is still one of my favorite memories.

So if I find a cello deal I will let you know, LOL!