We haven't had a check-in

Wiped Out

Staff member
for a long time.

So how is everyone doing with their health goals? Has the beginning of the year helped get you motivated?

This is the hardest time of the year for me. Maybe I'm craving comfort foods. I also find it hard to motivate myself to go to the club right now. The past three weeks have been horrible-I was on a see food diet-saw food I ate it and didn't work out much. Weigh in yesterday showed I gained 6 pounds.

Back on track as of yesterday. I have been to the health club Sat. and Sun. and I've been tracking my food. I don't want to see my hard work last year start to go the other way.

Hopefully everyone is off to a better start than I am. Let us know how you are doing!

trinityroyal

Sharon--good for you for getting back into your routine. It is such a struggle to stay motivated at this time of year.

I too have been struggling. I've been back at work for 2 weeks now, and the change in schedule has been really hard. While I was at home, I was able to find the time for a walk or a run, or some pilates, or something. These past 2 weeks I have just been so undisciplined.

husband and I have been making terrible food choices, and not exercising enough.

I think I'm going to try to build a daily walk into my routine at lunch. I've been packing a lunch, so I just have to make an effort to pack healthy things instead of junky things.

It is so hard to stay on track when grey day follows grey day and it's just so darn cold and unpleasant all the time.

Trinity

KTMom91

I'm not doing well, either. Seems like every time I get into a routine, something comes along to completely derail me...like the flu two weeks ago, and then it takes me a while to get re-motivated.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Trinity-A walk at lunch is a great idea!! One year I was able to do it and loved it-really can't anymore as my lunch doesn't back up to planning time.

Mary-I really do think this is a hard time of the year!

I know we can can all get back on track!!!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Going off the APs and onto an old-line AP has stopped the constant eating. Haven't lost any weight beyond a few lbs, but at least I'm not gaining.

I'm fighting the winter blahs, too. It's cold and nasty and slippery and I'm not eating well, either.

I keep thinking about joining the YMCA, but it's hard to contemplate when my knees and ankles are killing me from the arthritis. Add in the fibro and I just don't want to move a lot of the time.

It's hard to get motivated when it hurts to move.

SRL

Joining in with the blahs. I'd reported back here in late fall that I'd lost 25-30 pounds without doing anything to jump start it and without much effort on my part. I thought the weight loss would stop immediately with my hysterectomy since I sat around for 2 weeks but it continued on for another 5 pounds.

Then last week I noticed my pants were snugger and I checked yesterday and I've only put 2 pounds back on. I think I also have some swelly belly going on as my incision is a little achey again from lifting something I apparently wasn't ready for. But the big culprit probably is my eating habits: while recovering I started drinking diet soda again and stopped making a late morning breakfast that looked more like lunch (ie black bean burrito).

I know diet soda is terrible for my health--raises my blood pressure, gives me restless leg syndrome symptoms, and messes with my body's natural triggers for eating. I know all that and here I am back again...sigh.

Good for those of you who are making positive choices through this time of year.