we're in!

Jena

hi :)

So, we moved yesterday, and i have my labtop hooked up to some thingy so i can be online, we have to get a router.

The move was SCARY! to say the least. It was just him and I until about 2:30 when easy child and her two friends came to help us. It took until hmm about 9 p.m. when everything was in and rental truck returned. We also had boyfriend's kids, so it was alot of fun. beds weren't made or put together, kids were on couches, you name it. All the while his kids carrying on "why dont' we have our own bedrooms too?" fun fun!!

So, listen to this one I jump into my truck last night to go bring rental truck back with boyfriend and I hear a crack, yup my back! I was up and down all night with pain to the point where i couldn't walk at all. I've never felt pain like that, it made childbirth seem like fun :)

difficult child was up all night also, she had umm about 1,000 meltdowns since yesterday, almost pushed easy child down the stairs, totally out of control.

Anyway back to my back ....... i couldn't sleep, i couldn't work today went to chiropractor and winds up after several x rays ihave degenerative discs disease. 2 or 3 of my discs in my lower back are rubbing against one another because the tissue is gone. Now it's setting off the rest of my back as well and the other discs are waring as well. i also have a problem with my neck yet we haven't begun to deal with that. So, I asked her what do i do now? She said rest for a few days till the swelling goes down and pain subsides somewhat than physical therapy, the gym certain work outs, also an mri and an ortho guy. anyone else have this?? it hurts!!! bigtime and i'm usually good with pain. i didn't take any pain killers it's just me and alleve.

anyhow, so that's it house is really nice and a little scary it's so big. kids are in bed, yes difficult child fell asleep she melted down all day no school kept her home, her anxiety was through roof and she was manic with-o a doubt to teh point where it was enough to make me wanna scream really loud.

thank goodness easy child came home today and did laundry she is very excited about the washer/dryer. so she must of done 3 loads already, she carried all the grocery bags in and put them away unpacked a few boxes and helped me get difficult child's bed together. good easy child! :)

anyhow, that's how it went and doesn't that bite about the back thing??

M

ML

Yeah I'm so glad you are in Jena. I am so sorry to hear about your back. I have known people who have that condition and I have heard it is very painful. Ugh.

Moving is a huge transition so I can understand the meltdowns with difficult child. Bless her anxious heart. I hope she (and her mom) get a great night sleep and feel better with the start of a new day.

Hugs,

ML

Andy

:surprise: Rest for a few days until the swelling goes down.

I think this means like today and tomorrow and Saturday and Sunday. You do not get to choose the few days that are convenient (like after you are unpacked). You have to do it now!

I hope difficult child gets settled soon. You do have a good easy child!

I can picture the day in my head - loading boxes around difficult child's meltdowns ("Oh sweetie, it's o.k. Your dolls are coming with. This is like an adventure. We will not leave anything behind. You can walk through the house with me to help make sure we took everything. I don't know which box has the kitchen towels in but they are marked and will get to the kitchen of the new house. Yes, I know you are excited and want to see the new place now but we have to pack these boxes into the truck first."), boyfriend's kids' excitement and wonders why they don't have individual rooms, easy child's excitement over the washer and drier, and your back going out! Big time ouch!!!

What an exciting day! Get the rest you need and remember, pamper your back for a few days!

K

Kjs

hope your back feels better. Must really be hard especially with moving.

If I were to move - or make ANY major change - difficult child would be off the roof.
he can't even handle it if they switch a room at school for the day. Totally
loses it. And School just can't figure out why????

Hope you feel better, and difficult child too.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Major changes like that are so difficult for our difficult child's...just thinking about it makes me cringe. I hope difficult child settles down soon for you.

About your back...just a suggestion, you could try accupuncture or accupressure for pain relief. The last time I saw an ortho he said I had degenerative something or other and that my discs didn't have the normal level of cushion for comfort...he suggested physical therapy and possible surgery down the line. I went back to my chiro and I try to get regular adjustments and that makes a world of difference. Also, regular (organized) exercise helps to keep your abdoment muscles stronger, which support your low back - that's why it helps. Enough preaching - feel better soon. Don't rush to get things done when you feel better. Give your back sufficient time to heal!!!

And good luck in your new home!

jal

Congrats on the new house. Moving is hard work and with-a bad back it's just awful. I ruptured my first disc at 14 and had it removed. Since then I have herniated 3 of them over the years so I know what you are going through. Luckily, I have had no problems for a few years (probably just jinxed myself). The best you can do is rest. You may want something for inflamation and spasms if you have them. Find a good physical therapist and JoG was right about the regualr exercise to keep the stomach muscles strong. Also moist hot heat can help too. Good luck and fast healing!

lizzie09

lizzie
Congratulations on the move ...be happy!

You have acheieved a lot in the last couple of months I am so pleased for you!! Well done

DammitJanet

I have degenerative joint disease and it does involve my spine as well as other joints. (knees, hips, neck)

I use prescription strength aleeve sometimes though too much for too long a time isnt good. I also use lorcet for pain relief. Its a must at this point. Moist heat is good. I have become quite attached to this heated mattress pad. Helps me feel some better. Warm baths with epsom salts help too. Muscle relaxers can help the spasms.

Jena

hi guys thank you so much. i couldn't go to work again today i tried to sit for a few hours with my feet up. there are so many boxes i'm still not even close, but i try to do a little than sit.

janet thanks, it does affect all those things. have you ever considered the surgery? they want me to talk to an ortho guy to discuss it. my hip bone is totally swelled and pressing into something else and i also have a herniated disc in my neck as well as no curve in my neck that apparentley isnt' good.

so glad i went to the chiropractor. lol.

thanks again everyone.