What are your kids dressing up as?

susiestar

Roll With It
What Halloween costume did your kids each choose? I know some have already done the trick or treating, but lets have a list from everyone.

Wiz ? I have no clue. Not sure what his plans are.

Jessie is "just being weird" with a variety of oddly chosen clothing, scarves, jewelry, heavy makeup and pink and orange colored hair gel.

Tyler is being "the Dark", He wanted black sweatpants, a black hooded sweatshirt, and a black bandanna AND black shoes and black face paint. Not a comic book character, just the absence of all light. He does make odd choices for Halloween (one year he was a Snickers bar!), but I think this is the most interesting.

Woofens

difficult child J is going as a dirt bike rider LOL in his gear, pants, jersey, gloves, helmet. Its in his comfort zone, and that is so important to him.

easy child T is going as a dark angel. Kinda a goth looking dress, its cute. She is big enough now that she outgrew the kids costumes, we had to go to a party store to get her one. Not fun... have you seen some of the teen and adult costumes? :holymoly:
easy child S is going a a Vampiress. WTH? LOL Its a cute costume though. I just can't wait for it to be over. The mean mom that I am, I told all 3 of them if they argued at all tonight when they got home from school, we weren't going trick or treating. I'm so tired of the arguments and yelling every AM :(

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt is "too mature" to dress up this year. Fine by me. wm has called numerous times so we would take him costume shopping ~ not this year, my son. This year you use your imagination & what you have on hand. Dad will be out to take pictures.

We were informed last night not to bother coming out ~ wm refuses to even try (with help from me on the phone & others) to come up with a costume. Oh well, too bad too sad. Don't have enough time nor energy to be concerned that wm is playing little orphan boy. Foster mum told me he wants a new store bought costume. Not paying the price this year. Foster mum & I had been working with wm on ideas to no avail.

husband, my dad, my brothers & brother in law's will all be Bob the Builder. The "special" stair building on the back of my house begins today. I love Bob the Builder, especially this year.

trinityroyal

Linda, enjoy having all your Bob The Builders "working together to get things done".

Little easy child has decided to be an ancient Olympian this year. When he told me his idea, my first thought was "Didn't the ancients do the Olympics naked??!!!"

Given the chilly Canadian fall weather, that's not an option. Waiting eagerly to see the "Surprise Mummy!" costume.

Trinity

house of cards

I'm trying to talk my 16 yo out of going..it is just candy greed

The rest are Prince Caspian, Grim Reaper, Pirate girl, Skunk (my favorite) and a mouse.

mom_to_3

My 4 yr. old grandson is going to be a policeman. He's pretty excited. He has a policeman and a fireman costume he's been wearing the last two weeks. He's been living the part!

I just got back from taking him to school, Pre-k. All of the students got to dress up in their costumes and had a parade for parent/grandparent lined hallways. It was soooo cute! One of the unusual creative/homemade costume was actually two girls wearing a black sweat suit and they had glued on paper, candy wrappers, plastic coke bottles, popcorn, etc. So, I guess they were "TRASH". Several of the teachers had what looked like a homemade, head sized thumb tack on their heads. They were "pin heads". The principal, vice principal and another administrator were dressed up in cheeta girl dresses. It was announced that there would be a cheeta girl concert at lunch time. It was really cute.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child 1 is going as some kind of bloody skeleton with monster goblin claws and of course the requisite sword (blech!)...

difficult child 2 is going as a white ninja with requisite sword... he does NOT go for anything scary. Ever.

easy child is going as a black cat... but she was previously considering to go as a dead or goth cheerleader!

Jena

Good morning,

Wow such creative halloween costumes. :)

My difficult child let's see she's going to be Hannah Montana!! She's slighty obsessed with her. LOl

We bought bright red stretchies, have a hannah montanta shirt, a microphone, hat and alot of jewelry!!

Older one is going to be some rapper guy. She is very funny. I am allowing her out tonight for Halloween. She completed her in house suspension, and got several 90's on tests this week. So i'm rewarding her. :)

Have a great day!!

Me, I'm going to be Hannah's agent!! LOL :)

'Chelle

difficult child is going to be the uncommunicative grunting teenager --- and handing out the candy for us this year LOL. He did say if he's handing out the candy he gets to keep whatever is left so he's hoping for a slow year (might be busy, it's supposed to be quite mild for this time of year, maybe 40 F. Yep for here that's not too bad for halloween

easy child is dressing up as a devil. Cute horns, red wig, red dress, tail, pitchfork. Though I'm sure I'll end up carrying the pitchfork. I've got some horns, a tail, wearing my red shirt, and I'm going to be the devil's mom. LOL

smallworld

J is handing out the candy with one of his friends. He has bought a plastic chain saw, is dressing in black and will hide in the bushes to scare the little kids ("Not the really little ones, Mom," he assured me).

A is going as a baby. She bought fuzzy footie-jammies and a pacifier et Target. She willl wear her hair in pigtails and carry around an old baby blanket.

M is going as a clown. She already lost her red nose so I had to run to the store this morning to buy another one.

Our dog Cal is going as a fire hydrant. Enough said!

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think you're all so very lucky to have this with your children....enjoy it.

I was at work (job2) and they had a little "convict" outfit complete with handcuffs and leg shackles. It was an orange jumpsuit with a number on it. God forgive me - but I threw it in the trash. It was socks and flip flops away from being accurate. No Mother should EVER have to watch her kid be that for tricks or treat.

trinityroyal

I was at work (job2) and they had a little "convict" outfit complete with handcuffs and leg shackles. It was an orange jumpsuit with a number on it. God forgive me - but I threw it in the trash. It was socks and flip flops away from being accurate. No Mother should EVER have to watch her kid be that for tricks or treat.

Giant hugs, Star. I agree with you.
Trinity

Andy

difficult child is a secret agent - black shirt, pants, socks, and secret agent hearing device and little light.

Friend J who is joining us tonight is a birthday present.

Puppy is a pumpkin.

easy child will be a princess tomorrow night for a party.

Finally got tonight's schedule figured out! Neighborhood 5:15, Papa Murphy's for cookie dough, Pizza Ranch for supper (soooo disappointed that neither Godfathers nor Pizza Hut have a buffet tonight and Pizza Ranch doesn't open until 5:00 for buffet - Really could have used a 4:00 buffet), mall trick or treating (7:00), to J's house for his dad to take them out in their neighborhood.

mstang67chic

Going Green
difficult child is working tonight but had he not been, I'm sure he would have come up with something just to get candy.

I did see the cutest costumes yesterday evening in the grocery store. I whipped in there to buy candy (we have 2 nights of trick or treating here) and someone had their kids with them. I would say the kids were around 3ish....possibly twins. They were dressed PERFECTLY as Raggedy Ann and Andy. They were soooooooooooo adorable!

I've seen some cute costumes tonight...mainly on the wee ones. So far there have been a ladybug, princess fairy and a regular fairy but so cute!

I make sure I've got a few dog biscuts by the door too. Now and again we'll get trick or treaters of the four legged variety and it's always funny to see them with a look on their face like "I get something too??? Cool!"

susiestar

Roll With It
Star, I am sorry someone thought that outfit was cool or funny or whatever. I don't think dressing up like an inmate (in a realistic outfit) is ever cool. TOO much chance that you will cause someone's mom or dad or grandparent a whole world of pain.

SO many great costumes. And so many homemade ones.

We don't get to do costumes at school. We have a LOT of parents who object - this is one of the lowest attendance days of the year because parents keep kids home so they won't participate in the "pagan" FAll/Autumn party - what Halloween is reduced to in our schools.

I got to see my niece this afternoon. Jessie and I got the car running (battery problem earlier in the week), got her books turned in, paperwork done, went and bought candy and frozen pizzas for dinner, and dropped candy off at school for thank you's class. I grabbed another bag for my niece's class. When she realized Jessie and I were there she got the BIGGEST grin and gave me the stongest hug. REally neat!

Susie

tiredmommy

Duckie went as a vampire cheerleader complete with fangs and dripping blood at the corners of her mouth. She also announced that "goth is cool". :eek: :ghoul: :witchcrafting:

When did my baby learn about goth?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
My difficult child went as a Cholo (outfit was cheap - he wore his usual clothes) and easy child went as Jason.

We have not had any kids yet - usually I am almost halfway out of candy by this time in the years back. If Dex and SO keep walking past the candy bowl, I may have lights out by 7:00. I bought all candy I didn't like so I wouldn't be tempted..

Marcie