what is difficult child? and

muts80

Welcome to the family! I am new here too, and so far I love it. I have gotten some really great advice.

If you go to the main page and click on "FAQ/Board Help", you will find all the information on how to navigate this site. It will also tell you what all the abbreviations mean. To change your settings, go to the "User CP" tab at the top of this page. Don't forget to make a signature. That will help all of us know a little about you.

Again...WELCOME! Can't wait to hear from you again.

SRL

difficult child is our name for our difficult kids and stands for Gift from God. It serves as a reminder to us plus it dissuades parents from typing in the label that they might really be thinking of at the time.

To change the settings go to the top and click on User CP, then under thread display choose Linear, Oldest first.

We'd kindly ask you to remove the child's picture from your avatar. Everyone loves to show off children's pictures but this is a site where we keep children's privacy a priority. Thanks.

Marguerite

Hi, welcome. From your spelling I can see you're not from the US like most people here. I'm from Australia, we have other members from Britain, so there is still inside knowledge available, with reference to your health system and education system.

The privacy thing - you also need to keep it in mind when crafting your sig. It's really important TO YOU to keep your identity confidential (and hence your kids'). That way you can vent all you want here, about whoever and whatever, and the person or system you're venting about can't track you and use your words against you.

For example - you may mention this site to a friend, or a teacher of your child may find the site all by themselves (after all, they deal with problem kids too). Can you imagine them surfing here, and seeing a familiar face? And if they read on further, and you just happen to be venting about your son's teacher, for example...

You may think you won't need to worry about that, but trust me the time will come when you will be glad of anonymity here. If at any time you feel the need to divulge more personal stuff about you it can always be done with a PM (private message) or in some other subtle way.

Once you've got the settings just how you like them and you're comfortable with the acronyms, you will find this to be a welcoming, warm, informative group.

Marg

SRL

Actually M, I was going to try and flag you down. She's from Australia and has an uncooperative doctor. Could you please check out her post on Easy Child?

Ok thank you all, yes I'm from Australia to.
I have changed my Avatar, oh I love that picture of my boy but trust that I might regret it later.
I have added my sig now to

SRL

Thanks, and thanks for updating your signature. Yes, there have been some families whose identities have been compromised so it's really in the best interest of the kids.