What is good for depression, moodswings, and inability to sleep?

BusynMember

My grown daughter WILL NOT take medication and is looking into alternatives to help her. Can anybody suggest anything that could? THanks so much.

SONS GONE WILD

Moms goin' crazy
Several years ago a psychologist recommended St. John's Wort to my easy child, it did seem to help. We got it at a health food store. I haven't heard much about it lately, so you might want to do some research before using it now.

F

flutterbee

I just looked it up. $70.00 a month...cheaper than most prescriptions. Sara, do you have any first hand knowledge of this product? If so, I'd be interested in hearing myself. This looks like something I may want to try.

N

Nomad

A friend took St. John's Wort for a short time, along with B50, B12 and Omega 3 and got excellent results. He stopped the St. John's Wort after the stress got better and is still doing well. I have heard the St. John's Wort tablets in the blister packs are better...
In terms of sleep, I always take my cal/mag tablet and sometimes a tiny bit of melatonin. Recently, I saw where a person can get Melatonin in very small increments...less than 1 mg. tablets.

Sara PA

I don't have an first hand knowledge of Truehope but I've heard from parents who have had some success. It's a roll of the dice, like anything else. At least there are no issues with addiction or discontinuation. If I were starting from the beginning and I knew then what I know now, considering the problems we had with prescibed medications and the improvement we've seen with a better diet, I think I'd give it a try.

BusynMember

Well, thanks, Sara. I'm going to tell my daughter about TrueHope and let her decide for herself. She is very into natural remedies and $70 month is cheaper than I thought. She could swing it.